Huggies Forum

Switch to Nappy-Pants

for toilet training!

Learn more
  1. home
  2. Baby Forum
  3. Toddler
  4. Your Toddler's Growth and Development
  5. Height formula at 22 months to judge adult height??

Height formula at 22 months to judge adult height?? Lock Rss

Does anyone know the 'formula' for your childs height at 22 months that you can use to estimate their height as an adult?

I have read it somewhere, but of course now I need it I can't find it, does anyone know the formula or has anyone tried it?

Hi,
I've actually heard that at 2 years of age, whatever height the child is, they will be exactly double when they are an adult. Not sure if that is what you were wondering, but I hope I've helped.
Hi, my mother swears by this ... she did it with my brother and it worked down to the centimetre. She recons it only works with boys tho (not sure in the truth in that part). All you do is measure their height at 2 yrs and double it.

Jaida (6), Ameli (2) & Lacey (2mths) - SA

Thanks for your replies, I had 22 months in my head for some reason, but I'll measure them again in a month and see. I have my height at both ages so I'll check them out too and compare to myself as an adult!
hi, this mit be rite or wrong, don't know. but have heard that @ 2yrs & 8mths for girls u double their height & thats what they will be when an adult & for boys its 3yrs. heard it just recently. so what is correct??

Shana, SA

Mum did the double at 2 years on my brother and it said he would be 6ft 5inches so she thought it was wrong. Now he is 22 and 6 foot 5 inches!
Maya is already 90cm at 23 months, which means if the formula works she will be 1.8m which is pretty tall for a girl.

Mum to Maya Grace 02-03, Sienna & Mercedes 10-06

Hi There,

I was reading in a magazine that you add your and your partners height together in cms divide by 2 and for girls you substract 5cm and for boys you add 5cm - Don't know if it works, I'll have to wait and see.

Katrina,Vic,

hey thats a cool one too! ill have to give it a go!!

eìí? well ... it started with a kiss eìí?-3-064

Hi

I also heard you double there height at two years.

If that is the case my daughter who just turned two is 94cms which means she should be around 188cm or 6.1 ft when she is an adult.

wow ... looks like you produced 'model material'!!

eìí? well ... it started with a kiss eìí?-3-064

Heres a height predictor.

http://www.allaboutmoms.com/heightpredictor.htm

Cassie,NSW, Blair 27/9/01, Mackenzie 19/5/04

last time I took my daughter to the doctors for a checkup he measured her against a chart on the wall... you follow the lines up and it predicts their height...

I'm only 160cm so I was glad to hear that my baby is going to be 175cm and 65kg (or something close to that)... the doctor then said to us.... blonde hair, blue eyes, tall and skinny - you got yourselves a model in the making.

I just hope that models aren't still starving themselves by the time my girl is old enough to get into it if she wants to.

Jordana, ACT, 1st girl Sep-01, 2nd girl Jul-05

Sign in to follow this topic