Huggies Forum

Switch to Nappy-Pants

for toilet training!

Learn more

WHATS YOUR 14MONTH OLD SAYING? Rss

Hi all

Just wanting to compare notes with other 14 months old out of sheer curiosity... A lot of people have commented on how much my daughter can talk for her age and how clearly she says the words, I just assumed that was normal for her age... here are some of the words she say's

mamma
dadda
chloe
noonie (which is what we call her nanna)
sit
sit down
ok
ava
emmy (emily)
shoes
arm in (when putting her tshirts on)
eye
baby
tata
bye
nonye (however you spell that)
bot bot
narna -(for banana) my fault as I pronounce it like that to her
tarna -(for sultana) my fault as I pronounce them like that to her
no no no
what
why
thank you
seeya
poppy (not too often but she has said it, cos we dont see him much)
nanna
cole (my friend nicole)
bec

she makes the noises for
cat (miaow)
dog (woof woof)
ducky (quack quack)
snake (sssssss)

she also seems to catch on really quickly for instance... the other day we brought her some marracas from the market, and I kept saying what they were and the next day I said wheres your maraccas tj and she went and got them for me... she does that with everything now ie: remote control (very handy ha ha), shoes .... etc...

she knows where certain body parts are and will point to them ie: belly, boobies, eyes, nose, toes, hair and sometimes she remembers ears...

it's also really funny of a morning cos when she wakes up we usually let her talk to her self for a while and when shes had enough she yells at the top of her lungs "mama" then after about three shouts, she says "dadda", then we get her lol

You sound like you have a chatterbox on your hands smile my DD is 16 months old and can say alot of words there just not always clear words.
That is amazing
I have a 3 year old who was like that, but my 16 month old is very different. She doesn't such much at all, and it is usually requiring translation from me!
She says:
Mumma
Dadda
Bay (her sister is Baylee)
Seeya
Byebye
Ta
More
Any other mums that have found their 2nd is further behind? They have completely different personalites, with kaiden being much more reserved and reflective. Maybe she's too busy observing to get involved???
Who knows!

3 gorgeous girls - Baylee 14.10.03 / Kaiden 3.5.05

Hi

I think she is pretty advanced with her speech. My DD2 is 14 mths and will respond to directions, point to body parts like yours. however, she only says 1/2 dozen words, most of what she says is baby talk. From memory, DD1 was about the same stage as your little one at around 19mths. Clever girl!

Michelle,SA,DD1 4 yo, DD2 9/8/05

Sign in to follow this topic