Be comfortable in your skin – this is a judgement free zone. Find out more!

Huggies Forum

Switch to Nappy-Pants

for toilet training!

Learn more

How bigs your 19 month old? Rss

I have a 19 month old DD and she is 88cm tall and is almost 14kg. My CHN told me she is the height and weight of a 2yr old. So how bigs your 19 month old?
Thats strange that your CHN said that as mine said about my dd (19 mths also) who is 12 kg and 90 cm tall that shes average for her age.........

Tania, Sydney, 22 mth baby girl

My DD is also 19mths but she is only 10.14kg but is 84cm tall. She is over the 75% mark for height but at 25% for weight. My CHN is not concerned as DD is extremely active (the only time she sits during the day is strapped in her highchair or when she's asleep) and looks healthy. She suggested feeding her more bulky foods, ie, hot chips, etc.

Becs, NP NZ, Samantha 7/5/05, Tyler 17/6/07

My daughter is 18 months old and she weights 11.5 and I dont know how tall she is.

Tracey,Jaye (girl)12/06/05, Sam (boy)10/07/09

Hi - my son is tall for his age although his weight is on the middle side of the scale. I have never worried about what the books or graphs say as I know he is healthy and he is a good size.

It's funny sometimes - because he is tall (and is 21 months old) most people assume he is older and talk to him like he is 2ish and look confused when he doesn't respond the way they expect him to - he still doesn't talk much (or make a lot of sense when he does)...

I think you just have to look around in a crowd to realise that people come in all different shapes and sizes and ofcourse babies are the same. I don't think you need to worry so much about your DD's size right now, as long as she is healthy...

Corinne from Cairns : )

Sign in to follow this topic