Huggies Forum

Huggies® Ultimate
Nappy Pants

Learn More
The Huggies Forum is closed for new replies and topics, you can still read older topics.

Will not eat Vege's Lock Rss

Hi.

My 19 mth old refuses to eat any vegetables. I try grating cheese over them cause she is a cheese lover, but she just picks the cheese off and leaves everything else. Any suggestions on what I can do?? She loves eating fruit but not the dreaded veges.
Does she eat rice and chicken maybe mix it all up like a stirfry type thing in small pieces.??????

Sydney,twin boys 22/10/04+girl 26/03/02

Hi there, My daughter is the same. The only way she will eat her vegies is if they are mashed. I mash potato, sweet potato and carrot normally with alittle garlic, milk, butter and cheese. She absolutely loves them. I am sure she would have that every night. Sometimes I find too if we try to feed her she might refuse so i put a lump of it on her tray on her high chair and she feeds herself. Very messy I know but at least she is eating.

Nerida Vic mum to Alysha Holly

Hey, i had the same problem with my son when he was at the age, but now he is 2.5 and will happily eat just about any vegie!

I have a couple of suggestions.....
* have you tried putting cheese sauce on them rather than grated cheese as the sauce will be harder just to pull of and eat?
* add grated vegies to anything you can, if she doesnt know they are there then maybe she will eat them, you could add greated carrot, zuchini, potatoe etc to meat balls, pasta sauce, stir fry etc.
* also maybe try raw veges, maybe just soft ones depending on how well she chews, my son loves uncooked green beans, would eat them by the bag full if you let him (yuck)
* and lastly just keep trying, just put a small amount on her plate with stuff she does like, eventually she will eat them!

I know it doesnt seem like it right now, but it will get better.

good luck with it all!
jorjah loves to 'dip dip' so i mash a mix of veges and give her par boiled carrots or bread or anything you like and it will be more like a game to 'dip dip' then before u know it they clean up their plate! good luck

24 year old mum to 2 beautiful girls

My son aged 2 is same wont eat mashed veg, picks it out of stir fries, does not eat meat either so cant put in in meatball etc as wont eat them. He actually lives on carbs ie spagetti and pasta, bread but health nurse said not to worry he will grow out of it eventually just to keep offering it one day he will eat it and not throw it. cant wait for this day to come as both my husband and i love our vegies.

Maree NSW, Oscar 5 yrs and Anton 2yr

Sign in to follow this topic