Huggies Forum

Huggies® Ultimate
Nappy Pants

Learn More
The Huggies Forum is closed for new replies and topics, you can still read older topics.

WALKS ON HER TOES??? Lock Rss

Hi there,
our 20mth old daughter still walks on her toes???
My h/c/n said it wasnt anything to worry about but was just wondering if there were any other kids that still do this or do this.???
Only one of her little friends sometimes does it...maybe she will be a ballerina one day!!!smile
bec............

Bec,VIC,MIKI 16/7/05 JELLYBEAN EDD 24/8/07

Hi
My son used to walk on his toes, but I don't think it was as old as your daughter and only sometimes.
Do try to encourage her to walk normally and that does help her legs to grow straight.

Jeninne, WA, Bradyn 24/11/04, #2 Ryan 01/12/06

working in childcare i remember i had a toddy in my room that was nearly 3 and still walked on her toes...i left on maternity leave to have my son and when i came back she was walking normally. no damage done.
id just encourage her to walk normally but im sure she will start in her own time. all you can give is encouragement and a good pair of shoes at the end of the day...but better yet no shoes at all when you can.

Danni, WA,

Hi
My 1 year old stands on her toes and the health nurse was guite worried about it, she talked about taking her to physio and if that didn't help she might have to have an operation. I was guite worried about it. I have started putting her heals down when she stands and saying heals down which seems to be helping. Maybe you could try that.

I do however feel much better after reading about your daughter, I now know she is not the only 1.

Cheers

Skyla''s mum

Hi there. My son is almost 3yrs and he still walks on his toes when not wearing shoes. He can walk normally and does when we prompt him or when he wears shoes. I think it was from him spending so much time in a walker. But like I said it isnt all the time. Your daughter will stop when she's ready, just prompt her when you notice it.
Sign in to follow this topic