Huggies Forum

Huggies® Ultimate
Nappy Pants

Learn More
The Huggies Forum is closed for new replies and topics, you can still read older topics.

11 months and tantrums Lock Rss

Does anyone else have a " baby" that throws tantys! Ashton will put his face on his hands and whimper or cry if ur not looking! he also gets down on the floor on his tummy with his face on his hands and cries if we say uh uh to something ( like trying to pull the tv down)
Is this normal at this gae? Does it get worse or better?

Ashton 13/8/04, dylan 27/8/05, #3 due 22/9/07

Hi astonsmum,
Isn't it fun? Tantrums are definately normal at this age! As for your question does it get worse or better, my son went through stages where he would have a couple a day if he didn't get his own way, to not having one for a week or more. I would find just ignoring him helped and would often just walk in to another room. Distracting him with something else also works well. They will definately play on you if they know it is a way of getting attention or what they want. Lochie now tries to test the boundaries with us to see how far he can go with things! So I wouldn't say it gets any worse or any better, just different and sometimes more challenging! It is all a part of their development and growing up. I don't think there would be any parent who could say their child never threw a tantrum!
good luck,
Naomi

My babies are all grown up sad

All kids throw tantys, and yes it will get worse! My 18month old bangs her head on the ground at the moment. Don't react, stay calm and stick to your rules. If they learn they can sometimes get away with it they'll always try. At 11 months he should be able to understand a few basic limits, just start with the most important (powerpoints etc) and add as he gets older. Congrats on the nearly there baby, no point wasting time is there! When my current one is born i'll have had four in 2yrs 2months (if its not twins again.) And just ignore the idiots who tell you it's too soon, how do they know? Have fun!

Kelly, 22, 1 @ 25/1/04, 2 @9/3/05, [email protected]/4/06

Sign in to follow this topic