Huggies Forum

Huggies® Ultimate
Nappy Pants

Learn More
The Huggies Forum is closed for new replies and topics, you can still read older topics.

Television Lock Rss

Hey guys, I was just wondering, how much TV do your toddlers watch? You see, my son hardly talks at all, and when I ask him to repeat something he gets really annoyed and cracks up, he especially does this when I try and read him a book, or when I point to things in a picture book. Anyway, to get to my point, he really likes watching Hi-5 and other cartoon movies, and I have been finding, especially lately that he imitates them and he says heaps of words when he copies Hi-5!! But if I ask him those words, he won't say them. Perhaps I am not colourful enough and don't sing and dance well enough or something. I sometimes have cartoons and Hi-5 DVDs or video's running all day, and as long as they are on he will watch. Also, if the TV is on normally, he watches the commercials and jumps up and down with excitement at almost any commercial, especially optus, danoz, and dodo. He especially LOVES it when a phone number comes up, he recognises numbers, and when a Big Brother ad is on he actually repeats 19 10 10.
Does anybody have similar experiences with TV?

Vaccines: Question what you're told...

Hi firefoxy,

My son is exactly the same age and does almost exactly the same thing. He doesn't watch too much tv, but when he does he loves the commercials only, I think it's because they are very colourful, loud and very "active". If he watches Hi-5 he also repeats things say and copies things they do, but not when I ask him to.

He doesn't speak to us much, but when he's watching his DVD's he talks to the tv ok. So you aren't alone.

My little man was born 03/09/03 when was your little one born?

Mum to toddler

HI FIREFOXY,
MY LITTLE BOY IS 18 MONTHS OLD AND LOVES WATCHING BOB THE BUILDER ON DVD. HE ALSO LOVES TV COMERCIALS SUCH AS DODO, CADBURY AD,TO NAME A FEW.HE ALSO WATCHES BARNEY AND FRIENDS,PLAYSCHOOL,AND THE
ABC IN THE MORNING.
BYE FOR NOW MY LITTLE BOY IS STARTING TO CRY AND PULLING AT MY JUNPER I THINK HE IS TIRED AND READY FOR BED.

HAPPY PARENTING BYE LUCASMUM

angela,vic,3years old toddler

my 2.5 year old also loves TV but she really only likes watching DVDs like Hi5 or wiggles and blues clues, they are interactive shows and she gets up and dances and she knows most of the songs or she will point out the clues on blues clues. Aimee does watch alot of TV but at least she is getting some exercise with all the dancing and she is learning something and she has only really started singing since she watches Hi5 over and over again and she remembers and imitates the role plays that they do.

2 little darlings 29/01/03 + 17/03/05

Hi Firefoxy,
I honestly think it depends on you as the parent. Do you think hes getting enough time doing other things like playing outside, drawing.....
My son is 2 1/2, started watching Hi-5 at 4 weeks old. He now could tell you every add there is on TV, and nearly word for word. Learn't how to jump, count and ABC's from his DVD"s, He now can count to 30, knows most shapes, draws most shapes says a-z and z-a. And talks NON STOP! and really clearly. I really think for us, TV was great for him! We monitored what he watched of course. At the end of the day you do what feels right, if he's happy and your happy, I reckon your doing a great job ! gasp)

Mel, SA, 2002, 2005

Sign in to follow this topic