Huggies Forum

Huggies® Ultimate
Nappy Pants

Learn More
The Huggies Forum is closed for new replies and topics, you can still read older topics.

Brushing teeth Lock Rss

Hi my little boy is 20mths old and every morning and night it is a battle to get his teeth brushed. He screams and most times I have to hold him down to brush them. I try to make it fun, but he won't have a bar of it.
Any ideas on making teeth brushing easier on him?
Thanks smile

Witchipoo

Have you tried a tiny bit of toothpaste?
I had the same problem but using the kiddie toothpaste helped. DS couldn't spit but a pea size bit of toothpaste won't hurt.
Also try cleaning your teeth while he holds his toothbrush. If they see you doing it too they are more interested in copying.
Jenny
My daughter is 19 mths and she loves brushing her teeth in the bath, she thinks she's clever cause she says 'more' dips it in the water and keeps brushing! Also, I found that she brushes better if she does it at the same time as me or my husband, she loves being the 'same as daddy'!!
I wouldn't stress over it too much though,he'll start brushing soon, maybe leave it for a day or so and he might ask for it.

Hope this helps
Good Luck
LJR
Hi

Our DD (18 months) isnt fussed on teeth brushing either, we use a tiny dab of milk teeth toothpaste (for 1 to 6 year olds) and have a cartoon on TV so she's engrossed in that and we can get the job done.

A brochure I got at the dentist says that children dont have the manual dexterity to do it themselves properly until they are 8 so parents need to do it for them.
Ta heaps for that tip. My little boy is into New MacDonald's Farm so I might put that on whilst I brush his teeth! Wish me luck!!

Witchipoo

I will give it a go and see how he reacts. I find it a little hard to brush his teeth in the bath because he keeps turning away from me, but I might try your "dipping" game sounds like he might enjoy that!

Witchipoo

how about a battery operated tooth brush

mum of 3 boys aged 11, 13 and 14

I tell my little one that I want to 'tickle your teeth' and try and turn it into a game, it seems to lighten things up and it is far easier to do when he is in a happy mood.

Nat VIC, Zac born 16/06/05, Aviel born 20/03/09

Sign in to follow this topic