Huggies Forum

Switch to Nappy-Pants

for toilet training!

Learn more

Kids Snacks Lock Rss

Well I'm looking at trying to save abit of money and make more of my own home made food/ snacks for Phoebe but I'm just not sure where to start. Does anybody have any ideas or suggestions or recipes. She likes most things and isnt alergic to anything. Thanx guys smile
She's 16mths
The best snacks for kids of any age are fresh fruit, cheese cubes, crackers (water crackers etc.) just go back to basics.

I think she's still a little young for raw carrot/celery, but you could always cook it first, or cooked pasta, things like that.
A fun idea is finger food and dip such as carrot sticks, cheese sticks, crackers and tatizaki (not sure on spelling - the one with cucumber and yoghurt).

Saltanas, raisins, and other dried fruit combo's are yummy - fun for them to eat and great for coordination as takes effort to pick the little bits up.

With the warmer months coming you can make some fresh fruit puree ice blocks - yum yum.

DD is 3yr 8 months - DS is 6 months

hey Ellie smile

Fresh fruit is probably the easiest and healthiest, just put things like chopped kiwifruit, strawberries, banana, melon, halved grapes etc in a little bowl, especially good when its hot weather, Diago sits at his little table outside and eats. Other things Diago eats are dried apricots, raisins, cheese slices, little muesli bars, cheese on toast, yogurt. theres much more but I cant think. Oh also little chopped pieces of cuccumber without the skin on, cooked carrot sticks, which I think someone already mentioned.

Another idea is little muffins, buy one of those mini muffin trays, you can make sweet ones with apple n cinnamon or savoury cheese ones, Diago LOVES them. Let me know if you want a recipe.

hope I helped a bit
Posted by: i_love_mi_diago
hey Ellie smile

Another idea is little muffins, buy one of those mini muffin trays, you can make sweet ones with apple n cinnamon or savoury cheese ones, Diago LOVES them. Let me know if you want a recipe.

hope I helped a bit

hey there i_love_my_diago, I know I am being a bit cheeky here but I was wondering if you were maybe happy to share muffin recipe with me too smile please

Leigha''s little men smile

hey,
everyone should try this cos i was so shocked how easy and nice it is!

u get an oven bag,
put in it some chicken drumsticks, tip in a pack of french onion soup mix, hold the bag together and shake,
lay on an oven tray, folding the open end under.
put one or 2 little holes in it and coke for 45 mins.

its soooooo good, it taste like KFC chicken minus all the fat and calories!
Hey,
thanx guys for ya suggestions. Could I please grab that muffin recipe off ya Lucy. That would be wikid smile
Cheese Muffins

2 cups grated cheese
1 1/2 cups self raising flour
1/2 tsp salt
pinch cayenne pepper
1 large egg
1 cup milk

Heat oven to 210 degrees celcius.

Measure the grated cheese, flour, salt and pepper into a large bowl. Mix lightly with your fingertips to combine.

In another large bowl beat the egg and milk until evenly combined. Sprinkle the flour and cheese mixture over the liquids, then fold the two mixtures taking care not to overmix. Spoon mixture into muffin tray which has been sprayed with non-stick spray.

Bake for about 12mins until muffins spring back when pressed in the middle and are golden brown.

Fruit muffins

1 egg
4 tsp baking powder
1/4 cup oil
1 tsp cinamon
1/2 cup sugar
1 cup fresh or frozen blueberries, blackcurrants or
chopped or grated apple
2 cups plain flour
1 cup milk

Beat egg, oil, sugar and milk together ina bowl. Sift flour, baking powder and cinamon into egg mixture. Add fruit and mix lightly to just combine. spoon mixture into greased muffin tray. Bake at 200 degrees celcius or until golden.

Both recipes make 12 normal size muffins or 24 mini muffins. I've just made a batch of apple muffins and I freeze some so I can get them out and put in ds luchbox for daycare next week. Very easy and yummy! ENJOY smile
hi... i have recently been looking on the better health website and searched for recipes and there are a few good ideas there, make your own banana chips, nice and healthy, cakes etc. you have options to choose from and there is ones for kids luch boxes, finger food, snacks etc!!! you should find heaps on there. i find it great coz my daughter has allergies and i can even choose that option!!! have fun!! heres the address www.betterhealth.vic.gov.au

i have a file somewhere on my computer from a fellow huggies mum with loads of great recipes i will hunt it down if your still keen for it smile

Monique mum 2 Haleigh & James

Sign in to follow this topic