Huggies Forum

Huggies® Ultimate
Nappy Pants

Learn More
The Huggies Forum is closed for new replies and topics, you can still read older topics.
  1. home
  2. Baby Forum
  3. Toddler
  4. Feeding your Toddler
  5. Loves meat but wont eat vegies

Loves meat but wont eat vegies Lock Rss

Hi

I have a 29mnth old DD who loves meat and bread but wont her vegies! What do I do? How do I get her to eat them? I have tried hiding them nothing works she picks around the vegies and eats the meat.

I need some advice plz

TIA

Alanna,VIC DD 030503 DS1 290605 & DS2 040407

It is so normal for a 1 to 3 year old to become really anti-vegies and I have seen it really often in that age group while working in child care. First piece of advice is don't panic. If your child knows it is an issue they are likely to play on it. Relax. Keep offering vegies on their own or in other food as it often takes children a while to feel familiar with them again before they go back to them. If this doesn't work just try to get the vegie nutrients from other sources like fruit etc. If there is a favourite pasta sauce, rice dish, casserole type of food that your child likes it might help to add them in really small pieces to that. At some stage your child will eat vegies again but as long as they have a varied diet they should be okay. Your Maternal child health nurse may have some suggestions.

Rhonda, Vic

Hi Tia,
My family has food intolerances and can't handle much tomato. So when I make any mince dish that would normally use loads of tomato type sauce I use Velish. If I have the time I make my own vegie soup mix in the blender and use it as sauce.
Try using toast to dunk in thick vegie puree. Important drain off water for something else before blending. When DD is used to the taste she may start to pick up the chunks on her own.

Robynne-69 DH-61 DS1-94 DD1-96 DS2-99 DS3&DD2-04

Sign in to follow this topic