Nappy Pants

Learn More
  1. home
  2. Baby Forum
  3. Toddler
  4. Feeding your Toddler
  5. Extended Breastfeeding Mums.....

Extended Breastfeeding Mums..... Lock Rss

yes htey are so funny. sometimes when Jack is on my lap he will just fling himself backwards into position and flap his little hands around. the benefits are so wonderful that it would out your mind at ease, esp if he has allergies!

Hi All,

I breast feed my son till his 16-17 month old. We enjoyed the time together, even though feeds go shorter and shorter. In the end he just liked to play, bite and feel mum up really. He lost interest soon after so I gradually stopped breast feeding after that. Thats when i found out I was pregnant with number 2 Bub.

But he would come up every now and then asking but no wanting. It was more of the being close to me then feeding. I congratulate any mum who is still feeding. I think its great and very beneficial for any baby/ toddler to feed so long.

Best wishes to all.
I'm right handed and my daughter and I always preferred the left breast, we were both more comfortable. I got mastitis in the right breast early on and had trouble with that side from then on. I also carry/cuddle babies on my left side, i guess it leaves my right hand free to do stuff.
Hi everyone, I've also had lots of comments from friends and family as to when I'm going to stop breastfeeding. Well, this week I finally decided enough was enough after 28 mths it was time to stop. Muffet had been down to 2 feeds a day for months and I was sick of getting blocked ducts all the time. Have been "cold turkey" for 2 days now & my boobs are killing me, only express when the pain gets too bad. Does anyone know how long it takes for the milk to dry up?

karen

Posted by: ABI 81005
Hi everyone, I've also had lots of comments from friends and family as to when I'm going to stop breastfeeding. Well, this week I finally decided enough was enough after 28 mths it was time to stop. Muffet had been down to 2 feeds a day for months and I was sick of getting blocked ducts all the time. Have been "cold turkey" for 2 days now & my boobs are killing me, only express when the pain gets too bad. Does anyone know how long it takes for the milk to dry up?

It usually takes about four days for my milk to dry up. Just a tip, but try not to express at all, as it only encourages more production. I know how painful it is and how hard it is to not express, but if it's getting too bad, jump in a warm shower and let them leak.

Hey all you other girls, haven't been in for a while. I keep forgetting that this thread's here, it needs to be in general, so I see it all the time.

Well, I know I said that Trinity was hardly feeding at all, but now she is feeding CONSTANTLY!! It's driving me batty. Be careful what you wish for, hey?? lol.

I think she may be teething or just feeling a bit off, because lately all she wants is boob. I don't like to tell her no, but I need a minute to myself sometimes. Plus, it's always as soon as I sit down after doing whatever and I just want to relax for five seconds.

Hopefully it will settle down.

[Edited on 18/02/2008]
Hi everyone i am new here and just had to reply to this subject. I am currently bf both of my girls my oldest Ella is 16 months and Mieka is 9 weeks. Ella has gone from 3 feeds a day to 6 or more since her sister arrived. Her favourite side is the left too.

I too get lots of comments from family and friends. But i try not to let it bother me too much. Ella has always been on the small side and in the last 2 months she has put on 1.3kgs so all that extra has been doing her good. It will get the nurse off my back i hope. She is only 9.4kg now but has always been really active, she never stops so i put it down to that.

I look forward to chatting to you all.

wow you bf two? LEGEND!!!!! ive often thought of if i could do it, its amazing just with one! good for you and welcome to the land of hugs!!!!

You are so lucky this is the first 'family' flu! Ever since my DD started daycare it has been one cold after another. It is worse when everyone gets it!

I have asked my doctor what you can take as a breastfeeder, and unfortunately not much! Fess is good for a blocked nose. You can also use a vaporiser (for you and bubs). Lozenges are also OK. Utilise the opportunity for sleep and lots of fluids (of course).

Glad to hear Eva's still able to feed, my daughter always has trouble when her nose is blocked!

I hope you all feel better soon!
Hi folks,
Just had to comment on how nice is was to come across this discussion. I am not alone!!!!
Not that colds are nice, I always give them longer to feed when they are blocked up like that.
I have almost 15 mo identical twin girls and am still feeding them twice a day, at the same time. Once when they wake at 7.30 and once at around 7 before getting the bedtime routine underway. If I ask them if they would like a 'Milky drink' they head over to the pillow I use and get all frantic and try to drag it over.
I too get the 'are you going to feed them til they are 4?' comments too. Yeah right, because they turn 4 next week grrrrr. I know I am freaking out both my mother in law and my own mum. But my girls and i just love it and it has been such an easy and rewarding job.
My two are not interested in cows milk at lunch or during the afternoon so i make sure they eat enough dairy to compensate but I am unsure what will happen when I wean them completely. I was hoping they would make the desicion themselves because I just can't do it! What if they don't want any milk at all when it does finally happen??
Oh well, I will continue on my merry way feeding twice a day til I decide what to do.
P.S It's been the best weight loss programme! smaller than i have ever been!!

mum2twins10/12/06

P.S It's been the best weight loss programme! smaller than i have ever been!!

indeed! that with a thyroid poblem and *poof* im getting thinner and thinner!

just tell my quote, 'they're my tits and i'll put them where i want!!!

Hi all boobie mums,

Great idea for a thread. My DD is just over 1 and we are still b/fing, although i gotta say, lately she has been biting me so much and it hurts like hell and i was thinking, right that it's no more boobie, when she bit while ulling off the other morning and broke the skin, that was the last straw... so for a full day i didnt breast feed, but by the next morning, my boobs were so sore and full and it was soo early so i ended up just putting dd back on the boob. I really enjoy b/fing, but lately i am so on edge waiting for her to bite, any suggestions on how to stop her doing it, i say no but she thinks its hilarious...lil bugger.

Oh and congrats to the supermums, b/fing twins and tandem feeding smile]

when she bites, push her face quickly into your breast, she wont be able to catch her breath so will instinctivly let go. just say no really sharp and loud. she should get the point. lol
kitty, thyroid was over HUGELY, lost 20 kilo in 12 weeks, they couldnt diagnose it took them three month from the time we realised i was sick. on meds, then it went under active for a while, then it levelled out, now my thyroid is pretty much inactive, on 200mcg oroxine daily. i worry how it will affect any pregnancy you know? will it affect developing bubs? im nervous, not that im preggars now or anything but i worry for the future. but i spose we will cross that when we come to it!

Sign in to follow this topic