Huggies Forum

Switch to Nappy-Pants

for toilet training!

Learn more

When to Start Solids? Rss

I have a 3 month old daughter, and I was wondering if any one knew when the best time to start solids was. I have heard many stories that they can start at 4 months, and 6 months. Can anybodt help, please.

Allison

Allison, NSW 3mth baby

Hi I believe that it is a matter of personal preference and your baby. My own experience was my son started having plain rice cereal twice a day at 3 months. The clinic sister suggested this as he was having a bottle almost hourly and she felt that perhaps some solids would help stretch out his feeds. At 4 months we started mixing in some veges, just enough to give it some flavour and then at six months we started experimenting with age appropriate foods. I feel that pre six months it is up to you milk is still there main source of nutrition but some carefully introduced solids can't hurt if this is what you want to do. Just do your homework to make sure what you are giving them is ok for their little tummies and do it slowly, However if you don't feel the need for solids don't feel like you have to do it either. I hope this helps and please feel free to ask any questions if i have not been clear. Good Luck
Sign in to follow this topic