Huggies Forum

Switch to Nappy-Pants

for toilet training!

Learn more
  1. home
  2. Baby Forum
  3. Toddler
  4. Feeding your Toddler
  5. Dummy or Bottle - which one to get rid of first?

Dummy or Bottle - which one to get rid of first? Rss

Hey Ladies,

Just hoping for some advice,

My son has just turned 1 and I am wondering which one, the bottle or the dummy should I try to wean him off first? I'm not really sure about even when I should do these two. I just started him on Karicare Toddler Gold this week too but he still drinks it from a bottle most times.

I have tried a sippy cup (the avent magic spout) (which he happily drinks water from throughout the day) but he doesn't seem to finish the bottle when it has milk in it. I also wonder, he is still on three bottles a day, total of about 650mls. Should he be on two a day now?

Sorry for the silly questions, he is my first and I don't want to ask the MIL!! My brothers and I never had dummies so I can't ask mum that one...

Elle, DS: Kai 20/11/04 & DS: Jamie 13/02/07

I got rid of the bottle and the dummy at the same time when my daughter was 10 months old. She didn't care too much about the bottle (she also uses the avent magic spouts) but the dummy was a nightmare for about a week. Now she doesn't even remeber what a dummy was!!! gotta love it.

My DD is 12 months now as well and I want to know whether they should drop down to 2 milks a day too. She drinks 3 x 260ml bottles and finishes them just about all, sometimes she may leave 40-60mls.
Sign in to follow this topic