for toilet training!

Learn more
  1. home
  2. Baby Forum
  3. Toddler
  4. Feeding your Toddler
  5. Multiple Food Intolerances in Toddler

Multiple Food Intolerances in Toddler Rss

I need help on any advice from parents who have a toddler with multiple food intolerances . So far my 11mth old can only eat fruit,rice,plain vegatables and meat, not fish ,dairy,nuts, wheat or soy. If any one can help with recipes or just any experiences would be very much appreciated.

Leanda, Tas, 11mth baby

My daughter is 13 mths and severly allergic to egg, milk and peanuts, and intolerant to soy. My advice would be to see a dietitian or nutritionist for advice. We were referred t one by our local childrens hosptal as Maya has been hospitalised twice for feeding issues. Like your baby, Maya has mainly fruit, veges and meat and she can have some breads and crackers. She is on a prescription infant formula called Pepti Junior which is hypoallergenic.
Because of the lack of fat in her diet she has been very slow to gain weight, at 13 mths she weighs only 9.1kgs. I add olive oil or avocado to her food sometimes to 'fatten her up' and also allow her to have hot chips once a week.
I have some great recipes from the NZ Allergy Awareness Ass. one for muffins, one for choc cake, scones etc. that are all wheat egg milk a nd soy free. If you want copies of them email me
mayasmummy@hotmail.com

Mum to Maya Grace 02-03, Sienna & Mercedes 10-06

I don't know if you use any tinned food or want to but golden circle have just released a new range of baby foods for kids to cater for allergies, intolerances etc. They say on the back of the jar what they do not contain.

Kelly,QLD, boy 23.01.03 and girl 08.04.05

In NZ the government requires all packaged foods to highlight the main allergens on their ingredient lists which makes it easier to check labels. For example if a tin of baby food contains milk solids, the words milk solids would be in bold

Mum to Maya Grace 02-03, Sienna & Mercedes 10-06

HI Cassie,
So far we've only tracked down wheat as being a no-no for our daughter. We have a long way to go to sort out the rest of her intolerances.
I found the "Friendly Food" cook book from the Royal Prince Alfred Hospital Allery Clinic to be fantastic.
Peta

Peta, NSW, mum of 2 gorgeous girls

Sign in to follow this topic