Huggies Forum

Switch to Nappy-Pants

for toilet training!

Learn more

dairy intolerant Rss

MY LITTLE MAN IS NEARLY 1, AND HAS BEEN WHINGY AND WINDY SINCE HE WAS BORN. THROUGH BREAST FEEDING THE ONLY TIME HE REALLY SETTLED WAS WHEN I CUT OUT THE DAIRY IN MY DIET, AND THAN I TRIED HIM ON SOY WHICH HE WAS WINDY WITH, THAN IN DE LACT, WHICH WAS GREAT! NOW I'M WONDERIND WHAT MILK TO WEAN HIM ONTO? I ALSO TOOK HIM TO A HOMEOPATH WHO SAID THAT YOGURT WOULD BE OK FOR HIM, BUT I THINK HE IS HAVING PROBLEMS WITH IT AS WELL. CAN ANYONE SUGGEST ANYTHING? I'M RUNNING OUT OF IDEAS FOR SNACKS TO GIVE HIM.
Maya was allergic to dairy and soya protein from birth, would have a serious reaction and ended up in hospt. a few times. She couldnt have any formulas on the market so I had to keep breastfeeding her and when my supply got really low at times I would top her up with Vitasoy protein enriched rice milk. They say it's not a complete milk food for children under 5 but I used it occasionally for a screaming bub... Are you still breastfeeding? If lactose free formulas dont react with your son I would just keep him on that for now... If not maybe try the lactose free milk from the supermarkets. Maya was very limited with snacks, Arnotts 'Teddy Bear' biscuits (very similar to arrowroots) have no dairy/soya. Also McVities biscuits (digestive wheatmeal, ginger etc) have no dairy/soya. We used our local bakers bread which has no dairy/soya but some rye bread from the supermarket is also free. Nuterlex margarine is dairy/soya free I use to make cakes, biscuits, snacks etc for her. Alot of snack foods have a soya emulsifier (E322) which allergic people are tolerant of, Maya was always fine with this... Having said all this Maya has outgrown her allergy and we can finally relax about her diet... so I wish you good luck. Sorry I've gone on.

DD#1- 2004, DD#2 -2006, DD#3 -23/10/08.

Sign in to follow this topic