Huggies Forum

Huggies® Ultimate
Nappy Pants

Learn More
The Huggies Forum is closed for new replies and topics, you can still read older topics.
  1. home
  2. Baby Forum
  3. Toddler
  4. Feeding your Toddler
  5. weight gain after weaning...

weight gain after weaning... Lock Rss

Has any one else stacked on the weight since weaning their bubs??? I fed Maya til 13mths and ate like a horse while feeding her. I even managed to lose about 10kgs without trying but in the 3mths since weaning her (oops forgot to stop eating so much) I've stacked 6kgs back on... I'm so depressed and finding it so hard to cut back after eating so much whilst pregnant and feeding!!!

DD#1- 2004, DD#2 -2006, DD#3 -23/10/08.

Hi Sara, I know exactly what you mean. I actually new that while I was breastfeeding my body wasnt working how it normally does. I could tell that all the food I was consuming was being used up because of the breastfeeding, and I also had that awfull feeling that when I stopped , even if I didnt eat much the weight would pile on. Well it did, and it didnt take long either. But I started excercising alot more and actually had probably 100% more energy from not breasfeeding and keeping fit. Plus it was an hour about 2-3 times a week of me time, which was great. It is hard to break the habit of eating whatever you like whenever you like, but its the only way to get back to how your body really works and work with that.

Catrinna, VIC, 17mth baby

Sign in to follow this topic