Huggies Forum

Huggies® Ultimate
Nappy Pants

Learn More
The Huggies Forum is closed for new replies and topics, you can still read older topics.
  1. home
  2. Baby Forum
  3. Toddler
  4. Feeding your Toddler
  5. Refill My Bottle, PLEASE!!!!

Refill My Bottle, PLEASE!!!! Lock Rss

Hi All.

My 2 yr old daughter absolutely loves her night time bottle. I dont mind her having a bottle because I find it is the only thing that she relaxes with, as she is a hyperactive toddler!! My problem is she constantly wakes during the night for a refill. I have tried not giving her the refill but she screams the house down and that is when she wakes up her 9 month old brother so I have 2 crying at 2 and 4 in the morning!! Any help??
Hi Belinda,
Have you tried filling it with water when she wakes during the night? Maybe she might finally realise it's not worth waking for, if all she gets is water.
Good luck.

Sue. Mum of Zac, Ashlee, BJ and Tahlia. Vic

Hi there

I went through the same stage with my son at 20 months. He also loves the night time bottle.
When he use to wake up once or twice a night for a milk bottle i use to put water in it, he finally got the idea that it wasnt worth waking up for !!
Good Luck
Cheers Mel
While you still have a baby to look after as well, I would be inclined to still let your 2yo have the bottle but see if you can figure out why she wakes at night so often. Is she overtired, too hyped up before bed, hungry, thirsty? Is she eating enough during the day? Emily only has water in her bottles but I find she will wake more often if she has not had enough to eat especially at dinnertime and also if she has had a hectic day. Try giving her a cup of milk before bed and then a bottle of water to lay down with. She may just grow out of it herself too as my neice looked like she would drinking out of a bottle until she left school (basically walked around with one in her mouth all day and night) but gave them up within a month at 2 1/2 all by herself and stopped waking through the night too (used to be 4 times at least). Good luck and hope you get some sleep soon smile

Charlotte mum to Emily 27-08-03 & Lily 21-09-06

Sign in to follow this topic