Huggies Forum

Huggies® Ultimate
Nappy Pants

Learn More
The Huggies Forum is closed for new replies and topics, you can still read older topics.
  1. home
  2. Baby Forum
  3. Toddler
  4. Feeding your Toddler
  5. FOOD IDEAS FOR FUSSY 12MTH OLD...

FOOD IDEAS FOR FUSSY 12MTH OLD... Lock Rss

My 12 month old wont eat much at all, shes so fussy, which for me is odd as my son ate anything you put in front of him.

She doesnt like any fruits except for Lycheees (go figure) we offer her heaps of variety everyday but tastes it and spits it rite out.

Shes so fussy with lumps in her food, its either food of a consistancy for a 8-9mth old or proper finger food no inbetween or she wont have a bar of it.

Shes in love with her bottles, She has 3 a day at moment wake up bottle, morning nap bottle & bed time bottle. I dont think this the prob though as shes eating quite a lot b4 them

eg; brekky is 2 weetbix with drink water/juice
then has morning bottle (9am nap time)
Then snack when wakes up then lunch bout hr after that, afternoon tea then dinner about 5pm. then bedtime bottle about 5.30pm.

I really want to get her eating a variety of food so i know shes getting all her vitamins each day. and since not eating any fruit & not much veg its worrying.

so any tips for food ideas or how to beat fussyness be great.. BEC
can i just say something, how do u get her to have a morning sleep, my 13mnth old doesnt have a sleep til at least 2-3pm. and goes to bed about 8-9 and up 7;30-8:30..

and 3 bottles? my DD is only having 1 bottle and a cup (sipper cup) with brekky...... As i got told that for a 12month old any more then 600mls of milk a day will make then fussy and lose their apputite

Have u tried fruit smoothies for morning tea instead of her normal bottle, its milk and its fruit, DD loves them..........

When DD was fussy, i just let her eat her self no matter how messy it got, it was fun for her to play in pkus she was eating it........ if u wanna chat some more my msn is [email protected]
hope to speak to u soon...

Shelley, NSW, Breanna 19/11/04, Lachlan 5/01/07

TRY THESE WHOLESOME BABY MEAL IDEAS - GREAT FOR FINGER FEEDING TOO!

Grilled Cheese and Shredded Meat or Veggie*

1. Prepare grilled cheese sandwich as you would for an adult
2. Puree, chop or shred meat chunks into tiny “bits” or crumbles and puree or chop veggies
3. Place meat between the cheese layers
4. Grill the sandwich and cut into little pieces; serve when cooled.

Twins' Rice Balls

1. Cook rice as usual
2. Puree rice until it achieves an almost paste-like consistency (or just until the grains are small if your baby can handle more texture)
3. Add veggie of your choice and puree a bit more
4. Add a meat of your choice and puree a bit more
5. Mixture should be a bit pasty but not so thick that it cannot be easily eaten by baby
6. Shape into little balls and serve either heated or as is. You may also serve this on the tray or plate and offer a utensil. This mixture is great for those practicing with spoons; the food will cling!

J&J's Baby Meat Balls*

1. Place 1 part lean ground beef/turkey or chicken into a mixing bowl
2. Add 2 parts baby cereal and 1/2 part wheat germ. Use Spices that you find appropriate (you may use bread crumbs if you choose)
3. Add pureed veggies and/or fruit to moisten the mixture
4. Mix together as you would when making “adult" meatballs.
5. Bake in an oven at 400 degrees until brown and cooked thoroughly – be sure not to burn the meatballs as they will become tough on the outside and baby may not be able to eat them.

(*Ground turkey, rice cereal, wheat germ, pureed sweet potato, dash of cinnamon)

Pasta Rings*

1. Cook ditalini (small round rings of pasta, easy to pick up for 10 months and older) pasta according to package directions
2. Drain pasta well
3. Place pasta in a bowl and toss with:
butter and grated cheeses,
cubed cooked veggies,
cubed cooked meats or
whatever your imagination and baby’s age/taste desires.
4. Serve in bowl or on baby tray.

Baby "Cereal" Pancakes

1 cup whole wheat flour
1/2 cup baby barley cereal (or other baby cereal)
1 cup formula (or another liquid such as milk)
1/2 cup mashed banana (or fruit of your choice)
1 tbsp melted margarine or butter (unsalted type)
3 egg yolks
1/2 cup baby oatmeal
apple juice (about 1/2 cup) Use water if you prefer

Add cinnamon, nutmeg, dash of vanilla or other flavourings if you wish!

Mix all ingredients together and add enough juice to make pancake consistency. Cook on cook top in frying pan as with "regular" pancakes!

Hope this helps.

My sister just gave me this recipe and it works on her son (turning 2 this year)

Jen

Jen, deer park Vic

Hi Beccy,

I realise this post is pretty old but my son is EXACTLY how your little girl was. He loves his bottles but isnt eating much fruit or veg, loves most finger food (if it isnt fruit or veg) but wont take lumpy food off a spoon (still needs to be pureed)Grrr.

Can you tell me how things are going now that she is older? And how you fixed this problem?

Im in desparate need of help!!

Thanks
Alicia

Sign in to follow this topic