Huggies Forum

Huggies® Ultimate
Nappy Pants

Learn More
The Huggies Forum is closed for new replies and topics, you can still read older topics.
  1. home
  2. Baby Forum
  3. Toddler
  4. Feeding your Toddler
  5. HELP my 16 month old is lactose intolerant, and has egg and peanut allergies

HELP my 16 month old is lactose intolerant, and has egg and peanut allergies Lock Rss

I need some advise as to what food is available that does not say MAY CONTAIN TRACES OF NUTS, PEANUTS OR EGG.

It is driving me nuts cause all chocolate and biscuits and everything else kids like say the above and he cannot have it.

With 3 under 4 I don't have time to look at everything in the supermarket to be able to find what he can eat.
Head for the health food section of the supermarket and look for "Orgran" branded products... they are made on machinery with no nut contact... and don't contain egg either.
My 2yr old son is allergig to nuts, eggs, and potatoe and is unable to tolerate dairy or wheat. The orgran foods are great and have dairy,nut and sugar free chocolate, a gluten free bread mix and gluten free flours. If you are interested i have a fantastic dairy free egg free gluten free pancake recipe. It can be very tough dealing with allergies. Everytime I leave the house I have to pack food for my son as there isnt much I can get when Im out to feed him.

kira-kai-kir

I thought it was hard with just egg and peanuts, the dairy isn't too bad as long as he has the lactose free milk ...The receipe would be wonderful please send it to me. Thanks
I thought it was hard with just egg and peanuts, the dairy isn't too bad as long as he has the lactose free milk ...The receipe would be wonderful please send it to me. Thanks
Gluten, Egg and Dairy Free Pancakes:

1 cup rice milk
1 cup water
1/3 cup Nuttlelex dairy free spread, melted
1/3 cup castor sugar
2 cups Orgran S/R Flour(gluten free and is found in health food aisle)
1 cup rice flour
1/4 teaspoon salt
1 cup apple or pear puree
1 mashed banana (optional)

Place milk,water,nuttelex and sugar in large bowl. Whisk to combine. Add Flours and salt,beat on high untill smooth. Add pureed apple or pear and mashed banana and beat on high till smooth. Heat canolla oil in frypan and poor tablespoons of mix in. Cooks about 30 small pancakes. Also look in healthfood aisle for Orgran Outback cookies. They are wheat free,egg free,and dairy free. Good luck.

kira-kai-kir

Thanks for the recipe
Hi there,My 17 mth old DS is allergic to cows milk protein & eggs. We use lots of Orgran products too. A friend gave me this chocolate cake recipe which I made for the first time this morning. It's a great treat for little ones with allergies who tend to miss out a bit. DS was sooooooo excited when I gave him a slice!
1 1/2 cups Plain Four (Orgran Gluten free if need be)
1 cup sugar
1 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp salt
3 tblsp cocoa
1 tsp vanilla essence
1 tsp white vinegar
5 tblsp cooking oil (I used light olive oil)
1 cup warm water
Preheat oven to 180C. Mix all ingredients in bowl and beat on high for 2 minutes. Bake fr 30 - 35 minutes or until skewer comes out clean. When cool dust with icing sugar.Good Luck.
Sign in to follow this topic