for toilet training!

Learn more
  1. home
  2. Baby Forum
  3. Toddler
  4. Feeding your Toddler
  5. all of a sudden fussy with food

all of a sudden fussy with food Rss

hi well i have a 13mth old daughter and over the last month has become very fussy with her food she hates breakfast wont eat anything except a couple of bites of toast if lucky. anyone got any ideas of what new things i can try to give her for breakfast lunch and tea?
Hi Nat,

I have a 14 month old son & he is doing exactly the same thing. He used to be quite happy to eat his vegies by himself, as finger food. Now when I put them in front of him, he plays with them & throws them on the floor. He will eat them if I mash them up & feed them to him though. Same with toast, I have to feed him cereal. He will eat if I feed him so I guess he's not being fussy as such, but the only reason I can suggest for his behaviour is that he is really trying to use a spoon these days & feed himself. Maybe he's sick of using his hands. I know I haven't been much help to you, but at least you know there's someone out there that has your problem!!!
Is your daughter taking any interest in spoon feeding herself yet.? It's awfully messy but I try to let Nicholas do it at least once a day. I figure he has to learn at some stage.

Good luck.

Regards

Michelle - Mum to 2

Sign in to follow this topic