Huggies Forum

Switch to Nappy-Pants

for toilet training!

Learn more

Any new lunch ideas ?? Rss

Hi, I'm starting to run out of ideas to give my 2yr old dughter for lunches. She loves pasta ... but isnt really keen on meat. Any ideas???
Thanks
JaidasMum24

Jaida (6), Ameli (2) & Lacey (2mths) - SA

My daughter isn't keen on meat either but loves hotdog frankfurts. She also eats heaps of fruit, bread and diary. Good ole 2 minute noodles are also another favourite - sometimes i add in finely chopped chicken or ham and it gets eaten up in the noodle frenzy! I do the same with boiled/steamed rice. I also make mini omelettes or fritters with finely chopped meat and cheese as she thinks they are pancakes.

Hope this helps
Hello

I made mini quiches for my little boy and he really likes them, I also found a really helpful book by the Australian Womens Weekly called baby and toddler foods which has some really good ideas in it!

best of luck

melly

melissa, vic, Patrick 2.5 & Laura 15 months

My 15mth old loves chicken chippies and fish fingers. I just fry them in a non-stick pan without oil. They're really quick and easy. I also compared the fish content and found that the cheap brand (Bi-Lo) actually had a higher % of fish! Your daughter may like these because they dont taste very strong. A mini tin of baked beans is also popular...
Hi,

I also wanted to mention baked beans or spaghetti, the lower salt varieties are better for little ones. Also, what about good old sandwiches, the list is endless with fillings, just pick what your daughter likes.

Another idea, omelettes, once again you just add what they will eat on it.

Goodluck,

Tepe

DD5, DS3, DS lost to SIDS at 6mths & DD6m

My kids love corn thins with vegemite. I make little cubes of cheese and luncheon meat with sauce for dipping. My kids like pocket (pita) bread, too. I make mini hotdogs with bake-at-home breadrolls and cheerio sausages- very cute. You can use the breadrolls for other fillings, too. We are on school holidays at the moment (2 at school ) so some of these are holiday lunch ideas for us.

Domestic Goddess Mum of Four!

Thanks guys, these are all great new ideas for Jaida to try!

Cheers,
JaidasMum24

Jaida (6), Ameli (2) & Lacey (2mths) - SA

what about mini sausage rolls?

I found a good receipe that I could email you if you like

bye

melly

melissa, vic, Patrick 2.5 & Laura 15 months

Sign in to follow this topic