Huggies Forum

Switch to Nappy-Pants

for toilet training!

Learn more

Beast Feeding! Lock Rss

Help! Please, my 2 year old girl Hannah is still breast feeding, and i really need some advice and tips on how to wean her off.
She is feeding up to 4 times a day.
maybe contact La Leache in your area...??
Just take away a feed at a time. Offer her something else or distract her. There will be tantrums believe me. This worked for DD and once we got down to 2 feeds she just stopped wanting them.

Help! Please, my 2 year old girl Hannah is still breast feeding, and i really need some advice and tips on how to wean her off.
She is feeding up to 4 times a day.

Good choice in name wink
Its actually the best thing you can do, keeping them breast feeding. They reccommend you keep it up for as long as possible, perhaps initially bottle your own milk and then switch it to cows milk after a few weeks?
Hello,
sorry i dont have any advice for you i just wanta say its women like you that give me the strenght to keep at breast feeding my twin girls, wow two years!sorry again about the no advice but......thankyou again and good luck with your lil hanna. grin
My DS is 20 months old and is still on 2 breastfeeds a day, but just this morning I skipped his morning feed. he wakes up in the morning and the first thing he says is 'more' which is his way of saying milk. If he didn't get it INSTANTLY, then there was tantrums. Hubby and I want to start trying for number 2 in a couple of months so decided to start weaning. Anyway, this morning I got up before DS and when he woke up, brought him out to the kitchen and played and he never even asked for his milk. So hopefully a step forward. I want to BF until 2 years but it is really starting to become difficult as DS is getting big, bitey, rough and demanding, so I think it's almost time. Also (not that this has influenced my decision at all anyway - quite the opposite in fact) but 2 doctors I went to recently both were surprised that I was still BFing and one even said, "give that up" as if it were some nasty habit! I would have thought these health experts would ENCOURAGE bfing rather than act as though it is weird!!!

Anyway, after all that, my advice would also be to distract and start dropping feeds, perhaps one feed a week but also replace the feed with some cows milk. It's something I worry about that my DS won't get enough calcium once he stops BFing!

Sign in to follow this topic