Huggies Forum

Huggies® Ultimate
Nappy Pants

Learn More

how much water Lock Rss

DD always has water available to her all day every day but she doesnt seem to drink much at all during the day and then at night is thirsty and wants a whole cup (which is frustrating because then she needs the toilet all night)
My mum doesnt think she drinks enough from what she saw when i was staying with them but as she also saw, im always offering and its always within reach. i remind her because i think she may just forget when she's busy playing but unless its a really hot day or she is eating a meal, she doesnt tend to want much.
i havent actually measured her intake as she tends to go between a couple of bottles or cups during the day but im just wondering how much your kids drink on average and whats considered a good amount for that age range?
thank you! smile
i havent measured but ds is 3 and whilst i always have water in a pop top for him he doesnt drink that much. may be 300mls a day? he has milk in the morning and at night and i let him have juice with his lunch when we are home.

dd is 19 months and she drinks stacks. will finish her pop top in one sitting and down another one. she must have at least a litre a day. she is crazy when it comes to her water. she also has milk in the morning and at night.
DS always has water available to him during the day aswell and i am constantly offering it to him but he doesn't seem to drink as much as i think he should be either and then wants a big drink at bed time. Luckily he is really good at holding his bladder(seriously he can go AGES) so i doesn't cause him to need to go toilet through the night or wet the bed. I never measure how much DS drinks either. Today it is super hot and i keep offering it to him but he hasn't drank much at all which does cause me to be a little concerned but i guess its all you can do!

ETA when DS is thirsty he ALWAYS asks for a dirnk of milk. I will make him have a cup of water first because i know he is asking cos he's thirsty. Then he'll have a cup of milk. He drinks 2-3 small cups of milk a day
thanks for that.

DD doesnt drink milk at all and although i do offer juice, 90% of the time she will have 2 sips and then ask for water. so it is pretty much her only source of fluids save for the occasional ice block or juice if other kids have juice (she'll drink it if everyone else is lol)
your lucky your DS can hold it all night! i have to sneak a nappy on DD once shes asleep because she refuses to wear one anymore yet she simply can not hold on and doesnt wake up until its too late poor kid.

people have suggested limiting her liquids before bedtime but its pretty much the only time she has a decent drink.

your lucky your DS can hold it all night! i have to sneak a nappy on DD once shes asleep because she refuses to wear one anymore yet she simply can not hold on and doesnt wake up until its too late poor kid.

people have suggested limiting her liquids before bedtime but its pretty much the only time she has a decent drink.

Thats the reason i dont stop DS having a drink at night. I KNOW he is really thirsty so i let him have it.
DD and DS both have active sipper cups available day and night (they sleep with them beside them in bed). Over a 24hour period they usually have 750mLs. They also have 250mLs milk before bed.

Edited to add DS is day trained so wears a nappy at night. I make DD go to the toilet before bed and she is usually right until morning, if she wakes during the night I pop her on the toilet anyway.
300mls is minimum for stopping dehydration of a baby u nder 1 year. i am allways saying to my kids have a drink n stand there while they drink it
how old are they astaaria?
thanks smile

how old are they astaaria?
thanks smile

DS is 2yrs 2 mths and DD is 3yrs 8mths.
my DD was breastfed until she was 2 and she was a booby freak lol so i know she was getting plenty of fluids up until then, although obviously i never knew exactly how much. but since she weaned a year ago i feel like most days she doesnt drink enough. she'd have more than 300ml but to be honest i couldnt tell you how much she has. i might just give her the one drink bottle for the whole day and evening (and top it up if she finishes it) so i can get a better idea.
thanks smile i thought they were around that but i couldnt remember!
Sign in to follow this topic