Huggies Forum

Huggies® Ultimate
Nappy Pants

Learn More
  1. home
  2. Baby Forum
  3. Toddler
  4. Feeding your Toddler
  5. Does Weet-Bix make your kids sick?????

Does Weet-Bix make your kids sick????? Lock Rss

My DS 3yrs old has been really sick lately and he's not sick often, but when he is, it's pretty rough, but the last couple of times he was sick I noticed it was after I gave him Weet-Bix for breakfast (both weet-bix plain & Weet-bix honey/berry bites)....his symptoms are vomitting with fever, I went to the hospital the first time, then the Dr the second but am curious if anyone else has had any issues with Weet-Bix...I have heard stories about my friends childhood issues with Weet-Bix but I'm sure things have changed after 30 or so years
Vomiting and fever wouldn't really point to an intolerance, but maybe an allergy although it's not a common side effect. How does he go with bread or other baked goods with wheat in them?

Yeah, wheat is not the problem as breads and other wheat products to not make him sick...and it's not the wheat in Weet-bix that made my friends sick either....I'm waiting for her to call back so i can confirm the ingredient...but thanks for your input
yes they give my daughter the runs and vommiting..... pretty much as soon as she eats them.... no temp though.
Nope - not a problem at all!! (As an aside - we have started getting the Pams ones though as my husband suffers from high iron and Weet-bix has HEAPS of added iron!)

My DS 3yrs old has been really sick lately and he's not sick often, but when he is, it's pretty rough, but the last couple of times he was sick I noticed it was after I gave him Weet-Bix for breakfast (both weet-bix plain & Weet-bix honey/berry bites)....his symptoms are vomitting with fever, I went to the hospital the first time, then the Dr the second but am curious if anyone else has had any issues with Weet-Bix...I have heard stories about my friends childhood issues with Weet-Bix but I'm sure things have changed after 30 or so years

Fever indicates an infection of some sort. So perhaps he has just picked up a virus...

DS has 2 bowls (6 weetbix) everyday and he is fine.

Maybe he is allergic to wheat, does he have the same reactions with bread?

Poor little thing, I really hope things settle down soon.

Fever indicates an infection of some sort. So perhaps he has just picked up a virus...

DS has 2 bowls (6 weetbix) everyday and he is fine.

Maybe he is allergic to wheat, does he have the same reactions with bread?

Poor little thing, I really hope things settle down soon.

Sorry read your previous post regarding eating bread...

Thanks everyone, as the fever indicated there was a bacterial virus in his system, ended up with severe swollen nodes, antibiotics have fixed him all up....I guess it was just coincidence that i'd give him Weet-bix and then he got sick....lol...sorry to hear the others that actually do get sick from them....
Sign in to follow this topic