for toilet training!

Learn more
  1. home
  2. Baby Forum
  3. Toddler
  4. Feeding your Toddler
  5. Help! My 18 month old won't eat anything but spaghetti or weetbix

Help! My 18 month old won't eat anything but spaghetti or weetbix Rss

Although I've spoken to our paediatrician about it, it still concerns me that my son (who has just gone 18 months) is not getting the nutrients he needs.

For the last 3 months he flat out refuses milk of any kind (and I mean, any kind, I've tried it all). He is now refusing cheese, yoghurt, fruit, vegies and will only eat spaghetti, peanut butter sandwiches, weetbix or oats. I'm worried that he isn't getting the dairy or variety he needs. I try mixing vegies into spaghetti, fruit into muffins etc and everything else I can think of but nup. He gags at everything!!

He is really small so I wish he would eat but he's turned SO fussy.

Any tips or advice would be greatly appreciated!!
Have you tried custard as my girl loves it?

Thought you might be interested in this article by our Huggies nutritionist ... So your child is a picky eater too!

Good luck <span class="emoticon smile">smile</span>
Have you tried eating with him. Our DS was forever refusing his dinners. But in the last two weeks we have started having dinner with him.

We all sit together, have the same dinner plates, glass of milk\water and food. If he doesnt want it thats fine but we dont offer him anything else and he has to stay sitting with us while we eat. Also since we stopped having him in his highchair he has been alot happier at meal times.

Whenever he puts a mouthfull of food in his mouth we clap, cheer and show him praise.

He seems to be responding well to it at this stage grin

Good Luck
Sign in to follow this topic