Learn more
  1. home
  2. Baby Forum
  3. Toddler
  4. Feeding your Toddler
  5. How do I know she is getting enough?

How do I know she is getting enough? Lock Rss

Hey huggies mumma's,

So DD has decided she will nolonger eat mash- what we had been doing was mash and then whole peices to ensure she is eating enough as we have had some weigh gain/maintaining her weight issues. Tonight she had our dinner (what we normally do but she refused the mash), childcare reported she was also like this at care today and would only eat 'big people' food.

So question is, how do you make sure your toddler is eatting enough?

Hey huggies mumma's,

So DD has decided she will nolonger eat mash- what we had been doing was mash and then whole peices to ensure she is eating enough as we have had some weigh gain/maintaining her weight issues. Tonight she had our dinner (what we normally do but she refused the mash), childcare reported she was also like this at care today and would only eat 'big people' food.

So question is, how do you make sure your toddler is eatting enough?

DD did this a couple of weeks back.
i wouldnt worry too much (i know easier said than done), if she is having enough wet nappies and nothing seems to be wrong health wise she will eat when she gets hungry enough, just keep trying her, or cut up some cheese, carrots, sweet potato, pumpkin, anything really (obviously cook the carrots etc) therefore she can feed herself. good luck
I remember worrying about this too when DD2 went from mash to finger foods. My philosophy ended up being if she is still eating - she is hungry. If she is throwing it all on the floor- she is not longer hungry!! The other idea is does she like yoghurt, custard, rice pudding etc as they are good options to fill her belly after finger foods and still get in some calcium fats etc

It was a bit of trial and error until I got used to her meal times, and some days it seems all she does is eat, other days not so much. She is 13mths now and it seems to be going well. Weight gain slows anyway as they are so much mre active as toddlers.

Mr J (April 2005) Miss Z (Feb 2007) and Miss O (Oct 2010)

Sign in to follow this topic