Nappy Pants

Learn More
  1. home
  2. Baby Forum
  3. Toddler
  4. Feeding your Toddler
  5. lunch ideas for 17 month old

lunch ideas for 17 month old Lock Rss

my lil girl is 17 month and like i said i am looking for ideas of what to give her for lunch that are easy to make. she likes all foods but gets sick of having the same things all the time and ends up not eating her lunch.

any ideas
thanks
We have things like

sandwiches
toast
pasta (sometimes just with pesto)
french toast
baked beans
scrambled eggs
rat bait
leftovers
quiche
frittata
fritters
savoury piklets
mini pizza ( I make potato pancakes and top with pasta sauce and cheese)

ds loves little mix plates with bits of cheese, pasta, beetroot, cucumber, sandwich etc

we offer some of the above too.

pancakes
pasta salad
Banana and yoghurt

wammysmummy - Rat bait???

We have things like

sandwiches
toast
pasta (sometimes just with pesto)
french toast
baked beans
scrambled eggs
rat bait
leftovers
quiche
frittata
fritters
savoury piklets
mini pizza ( I make potato pancakes and top with pasta sauce and cheese)

ds loves little mix plates with bits of cheese, pasta, beetroot, cucumber, sandwich etc

RAT BAIT!!! uh?

wammysmummy - Rat bait???

I'm wondering about this too .... was it thrown in as a joke to see if we are actually paying attention? Or is it a silly nickname for something else????
wondering if its the same as mousetraps - Marmite and grilled cheese toast.

RAT BAIT!!! uh?

Maybe it's an SA thing but rat bait is egg, relish/chutney, grated cheese and ham/bacon mixed together and spread on bread and then grilled. So yummy!

BTW DS also likes crumpets

thanks guys they are some great ideas i will have to write them down lol
Yep had to reply to the rat bait, I honestly thought it was a joke to see if we are paying attention! In Tassie we just call it savoury toast! If i can give any lunch ideas I say get involved with tuna, it comes in all different flavours, is not to expensive and can be used so many ways. Good ol tuna sandwich, on toast, with crackers,with salad, in quiche, of course tuna mornay but I LOVE one of those maggi pkt meals for 'tuna potato pie' and it's even better with a stick or two of celery chopped in the mix and great for the whole family. I used to call tuna 'cat food' but my first pregnancy I made myself eat it, now I love it and it's so good for my boy's brains. Really easy to throw a tin in the handbag too!

Yep had to reply to the rat bait, I honestly thought it was a joke to see if we are paying attention! In Tassie we just call it savoury toast! If i can give any lunch ideas I say get involved with tuna, it comes in all different flavours, is not to expensive and can be used so many ways. Good ol tuna sandwich, on toast, with crackers,with salad, in quiche, of course tuna mornay but I LOVE one of those maggi pkt meals for 'tuna potato pie' and it's even better with a stick or two of celery chopped in the mix and great for the whole family. I used to call tuna 'cat food' but my first pregnancy I made myself eat it, now I love it and it's so good for my boy's brains. Really easy to throw a tin in the handbag too!
thanks i have tried tuna in a few different ways just she alwaays spits it back out after pulling a "yuk" face lol its quite funny
Sign in to follow this topic