Huggies Forum

Huggies® Ultimate
Nappy Pants

Learn More

Lunchtime Lock Rss

So everyday when lunch comes around i struggle to find something new or exciting even to feed to DD, she isnt fusy and eats her normal fav's and i dont think she would care if i gave her the same thing everyday! But i wanna make sure she is eating a good variety of healthy foods!
So what is your toddlers fav lunch or snack foods?
I would love as many ideas as you have to offer!

Thanks Ladies!

oo, thanks those are some great idea!!
I like the scrambled eggs one with the veggies! Good way to mix it in!
and i might try her on veggie sticks and dip as she likes a lot of different dips!!
Thanks ilovemylilbugs, they were great!!! smile

mini pizzas - you can put just about anything on them, they can even help make them

sometimes i get my DD who is 2 one of those tiny snack size tubs of salad from the Coles deli - they have a chicken pesto pasta salad which she loves. I think they're about $1.40 and it makes a change, often even does two lunches!
BiebersMysteryGirl wrote:
Lunch we are pretty boring. My kids get a sandwich (1 or 2 slices depending on what they had for morning t), 2 pieces of fruit and a cup of milk

Sometimes we have
french toast
scrambled eggs
fruit toast
pasta salad
scones
toasted sandwiches
piklets

my list isn't very healthy

As for snacks I only offer vege sticks for afternoon tea. So they get carrot, capsicum and/or cucumber, frozen peas, corn.
Morning tea I find differcult to keep healthy. Often we have an activity in the morning and things like biscuits and crackers are on offer. Even at home I will offer an apple and some raisins when I can. But I love to bake and so we often have mini muffins or some slice.

Yeah i find it hard to think of healthy things cause i am not the best eater myself, but she loves her fruits and veggies and if she will eat it i would rather her have them!! But yeah most things i think of are not that great!!

knockonwood wrote:
mini pizzas - you can put just about anything on them, they can even help make them

sometimes i get my DD who is 2 one of those tiny snack size tubs of salad from the Coles deli - they have a chicken pesto pasta salad which she loves. I think they're about $1.40 and it makes a change, often even does two lunches!

Mini pizza's are a great idea!! nice and easy to mix up all the time!!
I will have to give those salads a go, im going shopping tomorrow so i might try it then! She loves pasta so it will prob be a good buy for her too!!

Ilovemylilbugs wrote:
*~Zimbee~* wrote:
oo, thanks those are some great idea!!
I like the scrambled eggs one with the veggies! Good way to mix it in!
and i might try her on veggie sticks and dip as she likes a lot of different dips!!
Thanks ilovemylilbugs, they were great!!! smile
Welcome Hun smile I'm trying to think what else they have I gave savory muffins a whirl with them but they made such a mess I gave up on giving them muffins laugh

I tried those too and agree they make such a mess crumbs everywhere!!!
Maybe i will make them when it gets warmer and we can eat them outside! wink

Little Miss's wrote:
Savoury muffins (use the mini muffin tins as they are much easier to eat, less crumbs smile )
Vegie and meat (i use left over roast meat) frittas- Dice vegies and meat and make a batter, mix together and fry small spoonfulls
Mini quiches

actually she loves frittas so that would be a really good one to do for lunches!!!
Thanks little miss!!!

The kids love sushi,or couscous with finely chopped veggies to disguise and chicken. I tricked my son 2 into eating tuna by telling him it's chicken and put with some pasta and bolognaise sauce.Leftover dinner sometimes.They love ' mousetraps' which is just a combination of whatever in pantry and fridge,mainly eggs like an omelette with onions,capsicum,ham,cheese,beans, tomato,herbs,potatoes or kumera.
We do a lot of what has been previously mentioned too.
Supermummy wrote:
Im always struggling not only for DS for lunch but for ME!!! Lol. I hate eating the same thing every day and Im not a huge fan of cereal for breakfast so I end up cooking something, then it gets to lunch and I just cant be bothered coming up with something else for me to have! Lol. It frustrates me no end having to come up with lunches AND dinners every day on my own, and theres always at least 1 person who will turn up their nose at whatever I chose!

Oh i know that feeling!!! Everyweek i struggle to think of dinners for the week and it drives me nuts! and everyday my hubby will have a comment about what he would rather have or what we should have tomorrow aafter i have already taken something out for dinner! :-/

Sign in to follow this topic