Huggies Forum

Switch to Nappy-Pants

for toilet training!

Learn more

12 mth feeding problem Lock Rss

Hi everyone my DD just turned one last week and I already have got problems of feeding.

She has 3 bottles per day and the total amount is 300-350ml now. She is still on formula as this is the last tin we have so just let her finish this one and I will start to give her cow's milk. And I already start to worry that she will drink even less when transfer to cow milk.

The good thing is that she loves cheese. I give her 2 bega cheese sticks or 2 laughing cow cheese portions. Some yogurt if she wants it, but she is not into yogurt these days, but she used to love yogurt before!

Another problem is that I was wrong when I thought she might have more solids while dropping milk intake. Her breakfast is only half piece of weetbix with about 50ml fruit puree. The lunch and dinner is better. Altogether including: Two servings of veggis and meat with noodles/pasta or 2/3 slice of bread, snack or tea time with 1 cracker and some fruit.

She is also not a big fan of water. 60-90ml roughly.

Basically she is not interested in drinking and eating even before her 1st birthday. It looks like she has no sense of hunger. Sleeping is good though.

PS: We have solids first and then milk now.

So as a new toddler mum, really want to know if she is drinking and eating enough and is there anything I can do to make it better.
Sounds like she is eating and drinking fine and you're doing a great job with her.

Something to remember is that their growth rate slows dramatically around age 1. Its normal for them to only gain between 1-3 kgs in their second year of life compared to the several kg they put on in their first year. The first year it feels like all you do is stuff them with food and milk but that tapers off pretty quickly as they become toddlers.

So just keep offering healthy options and she will eat when she's hungry and drink when she's thirsty. Don't fall into the trap of offering junk or sweet stuff in the hopes of getting more food into her. She knows what she needs smile

My son ate tiny portions as a toddler.

Pixie Chick wrote:
Sounds like she is eating and drinking fine and you're doing a great job with her.

Something to remember is that their growth rate slows dramatically around age 1. Its normal for them to only gain between 1-3 kgs in their second year of life compared to the several kg they put on in their first year. The first year it feels like all you do is stuff them with food and milk but that tapers off pretty quickly as they become toddlers.

So just keep offering healthy options and she will eat when she's hungry and drink when she's thirsty. Don't fall into the trap of offering junk or sweet stuff in the hopes of getting more food into her. She knows what she needs smile

My son ate tiny portions as a toddler.

Thank you, I know, just like my GP said maybe she just has a smaller tummy and toddler won't starve themselves. But as a FTM it is sooo easy to be stressed out!

And yes, I will only offer her healthy food while I am still in charge:)
Sign in to follow this topic