Huggies Forum

Huggies® Ultimate
Nappy Pants

Learn More
The Huggies Forum is closed for new replies and topics, you can still read older topics.

nut free environment Lock Rss

My boys have just started going to creche 2 days a week and i am having trouble thinking of snacks for them. The creche is a nut free environment which means they arent allowed to take anything with even traces of nuts and it makes it really hard as i pack him a yoghurt some fruit and cheese but it must get boring for him, i would like him to have a bit of variety however i find myself spending hours in the supermarket searching for it and reading all the ingredients on everything i pick up looking for nuts. Am i the only mum that finds this frustrating?I would appreciate any nut and mess free suggestions please. smile
Hi mum to 2 boys

My DD is anaphylactic to nuts & eggs. If she digests anything with nuts or eggs she will stop breathing. It is a tricky one though but at the end of the day we don't have a choice. While it might be frustrating to read labels, it is more than a peace of mind for the parents who have kids with allergies at the creche.

We try to pack something different for my DD when she goes to childcare as I also worry about not having variety must be so boring. Corn Thins (in the biscuit isle) are great & I pack some cream cheese so that can be spread on them. The golden valley pureed fruit with a bit of custard goes down a treat aswell. Sultanas or other dried fruit are good snacks & left-overs from the night before is a nice change from the vegemite sandwiches.

As far as buying anything off the shelf nut-free, it is pretty hard to find such a thing as most companies have to put it on there just to cover themselves. There is a allergy superstore that stocks a great range. Here's the link if you want to check it out : http://www.allergyblock.com.au/

Hope this helps.
Janelle
Sign in to follow this topic