Huggies Forum

Huggies® Ultimate
Nappy Pants

Learn More
The Huggies Forum is closed for new replies and topics, you can still read older topics.

can not get off bottle Lock Rss

I have a 2.5 year old son that will not give up his bottle. He normally has one when he has a sleep during the day and one at night. I have told him many times that I am going to throw them in the bin and have done this with a couple of his bottles, but it is hard as I also have a 4 month old daughter. He sees that she has a bottle and wants one as well. I have tried to get him to drink out of his cup but will only do this on the rare occasion.
I do tell him that he has to have his cup and he will sometimes go and get it out of the cupboard and use it but other times he will throw a tantrum and I will give in to him and give him his bottle, he sits on the couch and drinks it and then will go to his room and play and be good.

Am going insane not knowing what to do.
Have asked his father to help but he just yells at him and then my son will not go back near him.

Can someone please help ???

Fiona, boy 2.5 yrs, girl 4.5 mths

Hi there phe

It's hard isnt it? and Dad's (some dads) think that yelling will get them to submit huh? but that doesnt usually help.

Have you tried taking your son shopping just the two of you and buying him a present? This present you will explain to him is for big boys and that he can have it if he gives up his bottle and has a cup?

I have been told that bribery really works around this age, let him know that he can only have it if he has his cup and if he has a bottle you will take it away.

Other than that give him some other kind of reward and tell him that his sister needs his bottles because she is a baby and he is a big boy and big boys use cups?

I have heard all this works, maybe worth giving it a go?

Hope this helps.

Cheers!
Haleys_Mum

eìí? DD Haley 2 yrs old eìí?

Hi Fiona
My daughter was hard to get off as well. If the new special cup idea doesn't work, try putting something in the bottle he doesn't like drinking, then offer him the cup with his milk in it, that's what worked for us. Good luck

Mum to Brooke 23.2 weeks, 450 grams now 3.5 yrs

Sign in to follow this topic