Huggies Forum

Switch to Nappy-Pants

for toilet training!

Learn more

wont eat home made! Lock Rss

my daughter Hannah is almost one and wont eat anything but jar food and usually only puree. She will not eat home made vegies or fruit,(like mash potato etc) and the best i can get her to chew is bread and scotchfinger bikies.. Any advice?

Hannah 5/6/05 and Patrick 12/6/07

This may sound a bit harsh and will be hard at first but if you refuse to give her jars of food then she will have to eat what she is given or she will go hungry, she wont let herself starve and will eat eventually when she is hungry enough.

When my bubs was that age she got what we had for dinner, chopped up small of course and we sat down together as a family to eat so she was included at meal times eating the same food, sometimes I would mash/puree depending on what we were having

2 little darlings 29/01/03 + 17/03/05

hi there i had the same problem with my daughter now 3, she would only eat jar food, and when i tried to give her home made vegies she just refused.
I was told to mix half jar vegies with the ones you make and see if it makes a difference and then gradually put more of the home vegies in than the jar food,iI only had to do it twice and she ate my veiges from then on.
she is now 3 and doesn't stop eating LOL.
Let me know how you go.
Nat

Nat NSW mum of 3,

hey everyone i just thought i would let you know Hannah now eats homemade mash potato and carrot!!! Yay! I gave her those smiley potato faces you getin the frozen section and then mixed it with homemade and she loves it now! She also loves the tin spaghetti and sauce you get at the supermarket, the lumps dont seem to worry her and she even feeds herself now!! Its sooo greata nd to any one else who has the same problem.. hang in there!! Now i am once again a very proud mummy! Thank you all for your advice!

Hannah 5/6/05 and Patrick 12/6/07

Sign in to follow this topic