Huggies Forum

Switch to Nappy-Pants

for toilet training!

Learn more

weaning off b/f Lock Rss

hey,

I want to start weaning my 14 and a half month old off b/f. He is so demanding, and when he wants a feed, he has to get it, or he has a tantrum, or will be a lil terror til i give it to him. I have given him milk in a cup, he drinks it, but will still ask for a b/f after. I hardly ever feed him to sleep anymore, unless of course he is so tired and falls asleep, and during the night he still wakes once-twice for his feeds, has never slept for more than 6 hours.

If anyone has any tips, advice or information that could be of any help, please let me know.

Thanks

helzah

Mummy to William-5/04/05 and Harrison-9/02/07

hi there,
i weaned my dd of bf at 10 mths as i just couldnt keep up with the demands as she was constantly waking during the night and i was always running low on supply and i was just drained. it took me a while before i actually found aformula that she liked then i just gave her little amounts in a bottle of formula and stll bf, then all of a sudden 1 day i went to give her a bf and she spat it back out and just looked at it and played with my nipple, the look on her face was like your not giving me this thing again quite funny, so i never bf her again, though now i have trouble trying to get her of a bottle, it must be hard for you as it would only be a comfort thing for him at his age.
i hpoe i have helped a little and best o luck.

steph n alexis 20mths and pregnant with 2nd bub

Hi helz I know how you feel my daughter is 1 years old and she is still breastfeed and she does have cows milk but she will want the boot afterwards just like your son and I have made Jaye to have the cows milk to got to sleep but she will scream and kick til she gets her boot and I am hoping she will wean herself off instead.

I hope you have better luck than me and if it works with you than maybe I have a chance as well.

Tracey,Jaye (girl)12/06/05, Sam (boy)10/07/09

helz, my daughter sounds exactly like your son but shes getting better now...

2 little darlings 29/01/03 + 17/03/05

Sign in to follow this topic