Learn more
  1. home
  2. Baby Forum
  3. Toddler
  4. Feeding your Toddler
  5. Great new snack idea ......

Great new snack idea ...... Lock Rss

Hi ladies,

Just thought I'd share with you a great product I found whilst shopping. They're called "Sunbeam Fruit on the Go - Fruit Salad". They come in a pack of 6 (green boxes), the same size as those sultana packs, and it's small dried pieces of pinapple, apple, apricot, peach and sultanas in a little handy box .. great to take on outings or for day care etc and pieces small enough to not have to worry about them choking on it. Jaida loves em! And at around $2.50, a tasty, healthy new snack idea.

Merry Christmas!
JaidasMum24

Jaida (6), Ameli (2) & Lacey (2mths) - SA

I will bet tho that they have a preservative content making them not as healthy as advertised smile

Sharon, 24, Qld, 2 boys 3 & 5, girl 1.

Hi,

My girls have been having these lately too. They are great and they seem to really like them. Although half the fun for Taylah is carrying the box around.

Merry Christmas
Cassie

Cassie, SA, 19mth twin girls

Hi Sharon, yea .. corse they have preservatives, what hasn't these days, lol (apart from freash fruit which is also great). I'd much prefer she has dried fruit tho than chips and lollies, no?

Merry Christmas,
JaidasMum24

I gues we're opposites then, id much rather my kids have the right type of lollies and chips if it was a toss up between them and dried friuts smile

Hope everyone has a merry christmas. smile

Hi All,

For what its worth, my daughter ws eating them when we were at the paediatrician and he said they were a fantastic & healthy snack.

Hope everyone has a safe and happy chrissy!
wink

bright spark - just a question not a criticism or anything - but what is the right kind of lollies and chippies?
That's what I was wondering ???

Hi guys, well im not sure if you've seen in previous posts, but my kids react something shocking to additives and preservatives, so while i might come across as being catty here, i dont mean to, its jsut that i would prefer my children to eat lollies and chips with no preservatives, than dried fruit with preservatives, if that makes any sense.

Over all of course i prefer them to have fresh fruit as a snack.

The lollies and chips that dont cause them to react are the brands natrual confectionary company (lollies) and Kettle ( chips).

While they are still junk food and i do limit them as i would normal lollies and chips, i can allow them to have these without having to worry about the usual performances that comes across when children (some) eat lollies chips etc.

We used to go to occasions (kids bday parties etc) and all hell would break loose over the fights of trying to prevent the kids eating lollies and chips, and then all hell would break loose after others decided to give them to them, now we take our own and no probs, the kids know what they can and cant eat, and prefer to eat "happy foods" as they are realising how much trouble it is for them and me if they eat "angry foods".

Same as witha lot of other so called healthy foods, i have to make my own museli bars etc, seeing as the kids react to most store rbought tings.

It has been a challange too seeing as i was never much of a cook in the first place tongue

Hi Bright Spark

I like your ideas on preservatives and additives - can you give me more info on snacks etc, etc that are okay.... I ask both as a Mum/Teacher. My son has excema and I think it is brought on by a food intolerance/allergy, not sure, so might try eliminating things one at a time. Where did you start? Do you avoid anything with pres/additves or what?
Uhhh, that makes more sense. Those Kettle Chips and Natural Confectionary brands are great arent they. Jaida also has them as a special treat. Do you have your own recipe for the museli bars or any other good healthy snack recipes? as I'd also like to start making my own.

Thanks,
JaidasMum24

Sign in to follow this topic