Huggies Forum

Switch to Nappy-Pants

for toilet training!

Learn more

Dinnertime Dilemma! Lock Rss

Hi everyone
It's been ages since I've been on this Forum so have had a bit to catch up on! Great to see everyone is still sooo helpful!

My dilemma is getting my 12 month old son to eat his dinner! He is great with his breakfast and lunch but when it comes to getting meat and vegies into him at dinner time - it can be a nightmare!

He'll have about 3-5 spoonfuls then decide that he doesn't want any more. Some nights I just have to force it into him (stick the spoon in while he's crying) which I know sounds mean. Other nights I will try another sort of food, then some nights I end up just filling him up on custard/yoghurt or scrambled eggs.

Does anyone else have this trouble? Is it worth me trying to feed him his meat and vegies for lunch? Any suggestions would be HUGELY appreciated!

Thanks.

Debs, NZ, Mum to Rory born 19/01/04

hey debs - how you doing? my son loves his meat and veggies, but some nights he will only eat half his dinner - i figure if he doesn't want it, he must be full! does your son eat at the same time as you? i find my my son is more willing to eat if we all eat dinner together. also does your son sit in a highchair for meals? my son tends to eat more of his food if he is in his highchair (sometimes he eats on his special little couch)!! what about cutting up some veggies or a piece of bread and letting your son hold the food and feed himself in between you spooning him moutfulls of his meat and veggies! sorry don't have more suggestions!! good luck though. maybe, if you tried one or two veggies for a period of time, you could find out if it is a particular vegetable that he is refusing to eat ...?

eìí? well ... it started with a kiss eìí?-3-064

Hi,
My son went through a stage where he wasn't eating much for dinner also. I think one reason is because at the end of the day they are so tired. I would give him his vegies at lunch and he would eat them all. At least I knew he was getting enough of them that way.

My babies are all grown up sad

Hi,
My son is 2 and i have the same problem, he will only eat potatoes, usually roasted or fries, and will only eat chicken or bolognese sauce but wont touch pasta. I always offer red meat and other types of vegetables but he refuses to eat them, i have been told to keep offering whether he eats them or not, but his dinner usually every night is chicken, rice and potatoes. They go through these stages, and i have tried forcing but as long as he is eating something im happy for now.
If anyone has any other suggestions would love to hear.

Stacey, 2 y.o and 4 month girl.

vic 2 kids

Sign in to follow this topic