Huggies Forum

Switch to Nappy-Pants

for toilet training!

Learn more
  1. home
  2. Baby Forum
  3. Toddler
  4. Feeding your Toddler
  5. Food and games ideas for a two year olds party-mind u partys not till July!

Food and games ideas for a two year olds party-mind u partys not till July! Rss

I'm doing a pooh and friends theme for my daughter's party. I have no idea on what food ideas and games to do with pooh bear theme but then food doesn't have to have anything do do with it, same with games since she's only little! Any ideas? One thing my daughters a very fuzzy eatter!

Emma 31/7/03, Daniel 11/1/06

Hi Jessica,

The only help I can give you is on the cake. I got an absolutely gorgeous Pooh cake from Woolworths for Jordans 1st birthday. It was in the shape of a full body Winnie the pooh, and looked great. Cost around the $27 mark. I think they just needed 2 days notice to make it.

Games I'm not really sure about. A good game suitable for all ages is a treasure hunt. Hide lollies/small toys from a $2 shop around the yard/house for the kids to find. Keeps them busy for ages.

I went so overboard with Jordan's 1st birthday....so much food and so many games planned. We gave him an adventureland pool as a gift, and the kids were in it the whole time. Not a single game was played, and we had to drag them out just to get them to eat something!

I had leftover party food in the fridge for a week.

Had a ball though....it was great fun.
thanks for that!

Emma 31/7/03, Daniel 11/1/06

Hi Jessica,
For my daughters 2 yr old party we had the normal pass the parcel, treasure hunt, pin the tail etc, but there was a lot of older kids there. I also have a tunnel which i just put in the back yard that kept them amused.
I went to a party recently and they just had a clown he amused all the kids. face painting, PTParcel, magic show etc, mind you some kids(mine) are absolutely terrified. Another party had PTParcel but instead of lollies they had to get up and do something like wag your tail or fly like a fairy etc
If I think of anything else I will let you know

Sydney,twin boys 22/10/04+girl 26/03/02

i found a fantastic web site for great birthday party ideas, games, invites, food etc... check it out
www.boardmanweb.com/party_themes.htm
good luck and try to keep it simple with lots of free play time, put out finger paints, balls etc and have fun!!!

Karen , Mum to Jesse 21/7/03, QLD

Hi,
just thought I would add that big w had a pin the tail on eyore game - to go with your theme.
My daughter (2 in may) loves little cupcakes made like butterfly cakes with cream cheese and honey instead of cream. You used to be able to get wiinie the pooh packet mix with little edible transfers too.
We did winnie for her first and spotlight had great balloons in all colours and designs in the winnie the pooh range for 30-80 cents each. The 80 cent ones lasted soooooo long. you can get lots of little things for pass the parcel there too (I think its called sparty - part of spotlight) We have been to a few two year old parties lately and I have to say my two year old didnt want any part of pass the parcel - she was more interested in the ballons! smile Anyway maybe you could make them bounce like tigger - maybe with the ballon between their knees without dropping it for prizes or something if you want to keep to a theme. I think the party we went to that stood out, my firend had put the ride on toys, swing, balls, cubby, slide ect accross the yard with the parents chairs facing them all with the food table in front of them. The parents got to sit and relax and have afternoon tea and the kids just played and played - they had a great time. Although I should add there were not any older kids there just two year olds. So no one noticed an absence of party games.
just some ideas
Bec

Bec, NsW, charlie 5, AJ almost 3

Sign in to follow this topic