Huggies Forum

Switch to Nappy-Pants

for toilet training!

Learn more

Food For A Naughty Child Lock Rss

My son is 20 months old, and is very naughty, alot of the time. It has gotten so that sometimes I cannot wait for his weekends with his father,because I need the break. I am sure that I have read somewhere before,that sometimes it is the food that you feed your child that can make them misbehave? Am I making sense? I mean as in preservatives,things like that. Has anyone heard this before?

Marti, NSW, Baby Boy born on 17th July 2003

Sure have heard of it before. Cant help much though as I really am not sure.
Why dont you do a search on the web. There will be plenty of advice there.
I will get some more info for you as the people on the other website I visit have plenty.
elorasmum ... just wondered if you would mind sharing the other website that you visit!! if it's as good as this site id love to check it out sometime!

eìí? well ... it started with a kiss eìí?-3-064

Hi Marty,
I definately believe a child's diet has an overall effect on their health and behaviour. Preservatives, colours and sugar in my opinion can be a recipe for disaster in some kids (but not all). My nephew is also very naughty (he's 4) and on my recommendation, my sister changed his diet and he improved dramatically. She didn't persist though so he has gone back to his old ways. From six months of age she gave him chocolate, lollies, fizzy drinks etc and she wondered why he was hypo all the time and not a good sleeper! I think there has been plenty of research on preservatives and colourings which can cause changes in children's behaviour, hence the saying to a hypo child has he had too much red cordial! As suggested, why not do a bit of research on the topic to see if you can make any changes in his diet which may help. On the other hand, your son may just be going through one of those 'stages'!
Good luck,
Naomi

My babies are all grown up sad

I visit www.naturalparenting.com.au Its an AP?NP parenting site.
Its a fantastic site and I am a regular visitor there. Not mainstream though so some oppinions, thoughts etc seem unsual at first until you sit there and think about it. That site has changed my views on many subjects and I am so glad I found it. They are lovely people.
hi Marti
Hope im not to late with a reply for you. One of the main culprits is a preserviative labled as 282 found in most breads, pizza,ect but there are heaps of others Sue Dengates website www.fedupwithfoodadditives.com.au
Has some great lists of things to avoid. Maybe your son is reacting to everyday foods like fruit and veg as well (my DD does) Try eliminating the 282 first and see how he goes it could take a few days to settle down. I know exactly what you are going through my DD is the same off her strict diet. If you want to chat off forum i can help you with more details and where to get 282 free bread email me at
[email protected]

DD 19/10/03 & Trainee Doula

I will definitely check out both the websites that have been listed here. I did type in a few things into search engines, and didnt come up with anything at all. Maybe I was typing in the wrong thing!! Anymore suggestions would be greatly appreciated too! Thanks

Marti, NSW, Baby Boy born on 17th July 2003

Hi Marty
I know a friend who swears her childs behavior improved since she started giving him wheat and gluten free bread.
You can give it a try,good luck.

mother of two vic

Hi, this has nothing to do with the post, but I'm wondering if you can tell me what "dd" is, I have seen it in a few posts but haven't clicked on yet????
Hi, From my understanding DD= Dear Daughter and DS= Dear Son. You may also see DH= Dear husband DS1 = first born son etc...

I hope I'm right, cause that's what I assumed they were.

Jo, Sydney mama of 2 boys

Hi Marti
Just wondering how you are going has changing his diet helped at all? Hope all is well

DD 19/10/03 & Trainee Doula

Sign in to follow this topic