for toilet training!

Learn more
  1. home
  2. Baby Forum
  3. Toddler
  4. Feeding your Toddler
  5. Desperately seeking snack ideas

Desperately seeking snack ideas Rss

My twins have let me know that they are over the snacks I give them - it is time for a change.

Can anyone help? Snacks between meals, food they can hold and eat on their own. Any ideas gratefully recieved. I am sick of picking food up off the floor!!!!

Victoria ~ 3yr old beautiful twin boys

Hi "Twin mum",

I'm the same, a bit over the thought process on snacks.

I'm doing cruskits, grapes, banana to hold, nutrigrain (no milk), wiggles bickies (alphabet), heinz yoghurt museli bars, heinz little bickies, farex biscuits.

My kids are nearly 18 months. I don't know if there are any ideas you haven't tried. Hope it helps.

Sue

Susan twinmum boy/girl Oct 2003

Thanks for the tips, have tried some of those but like the idea of the nutrigrain and wiggles bickies and will give them a go - one minute the boys love everything the next minute they hate everything - the joy of feeding twins!!!!

Hi Victoria,

I know its a nightmare, esp with different likes and dislikes. Have to keep remembering who likes what!
They had 3 different lunches offered today. The wiggles bickies are in the grown up biscuit aisle in a box. I just started the nutrigrain and its been a hit. Do your kids use utensils???? I know I will have to start soon. All those grown up things to go........

Sue

Hi

My son loves biscuits, especially a having either a cup of milk to dunk, sometimes I make a very weak milky cup of tea for him (so he can be like mum) and have a cup of tea with his biscuits.

Toast, apple, grapes, etc, any fruit, yoghurt, cheese slices, carrot.

Sometimes we will make cakes and cookies and my son loves to eat them - their better as he does it. For easter we made cocunut easter eggs to give to everyone - that was fun, he helped to roll them into eggs.

My son loves Chips and dips, custards etc.

Hope this helps, I guess you have tried all of those things, it's so hard, because what they like 1 min doesn't mean they will like it the next. My sons fav at the moment is custard, especially those yogo ones or similar with the m&m's that you add to them.

Thanks
Tanya

Brissie SAHM to Jamie 2.5 years & Charlotte 1 year

I'll check out the biscuits.

Not using utensils yet - this would result in more food on the floor. They are pretty good eaters for breakfast and dinner but lunch has become a real drama. They have just gone to one sleep so sometimes lunch becomes afternoon tea - I feel like I am feeding them all day. I suppose they will eat if they are hungry. I don't put this much effort into what I eat - maybe I should!!!

More good ideas - thanks. You are right about 1 minute them liking something and the next minute it is like you have given them dirt or something.

Me again,

I'm laughing 'cause I hate admitting that I have taught them how to feed themselves yet.I'm glad I'm not the only one. I can't be bothered with the challange yet. I know I'm naughty, but my task at the moment is attempting the ONE SLEEP. I'll think about the feeding self later.............The behavioural challenges are plenty enough as it is. No wonder I'm still smoking. I need to tape "SIT DOWN ON THE COUCH!!!!!!!", sick of saying it. Drives me bananas, esp when you have to repeat it immediately for the other one!

Sue

Hi

My son can use utensils when he wants, but fingers are best, although he hates getting his hands dirty and always asks for a towel ... so cute.

When I go shopping I try looking for a new biscuit, he loves the ones with cream in them so that he can seperate them, eat the cream and then dunk the bicky.

Thanks
Tanya

Funny, I used to eat dirt when I was a little kid ... hmm maybe there is something in that .... lol smile

Laughing is not guarantee when you have twins!!! The one sleep is my challenge too - the utensils will come just like everything else did. NO is my favourite word at the moment - no wonder I have a permanent headache!!!! You gotta love them. You cannot tell anyone else about the trials of twins unless you have them - my goodness!!!

Hi

I don't have twins, but I do have a 2 year old boy and an 18 week old girl.

Now that is fun. But I don't know how you guys do it, I couldn't even imagine it.

Both of my babies have been reflux babies, with my son being hospitalised at 3 weeks and again at 5 weeks because he stopped breathing because he asperted on the reflux. This happened a lot with Jamie, thankfully with Charlotte it only happened a couple of times. I have often said, thank god I dodn't have twins - I just don't think I would have survived!!

My hat goes of to you!!

Tanya

Hi Tanya,

I was not having a go at parents without twins - I think all kids are hard work. But there is someting so surreal about raising twins - I don't even have time to put my hat on!!!!!!

Hope your babies have good health.

Sign in to follow this topic