Huggies Forum

Huggies® Ultimate
Nappy Pants

Learn More
The Huggies Forum is closed for new replies and topics, you can still read older topics.
  1. home
  2. Baby Forum
  3. Toddler
  4. Feeding your Toddler
  5. Stuffs everything in their mouths

Stuffs everything in their mouths Lock Rss

Hi all

My almost 14 month old twins LOVE their food (takes after mummy). My problem is that when I give them finger food, I have to break off bite-sized pieces and offer it to them one at a time, otherwise they will try to shove the whole piece into their mouths. "They" recommend in "the book" to put 3 or 4 pieces of food in front of them for them to help themselves. I can't do that as they will shove all the pieces into their mouths until they gag. If I give them a biscuit, they will happily nibble on it but when they get to the last quarter of the biscuit, it disappears into their mouths. Does anyone else's baby do that? and if so, do they grow out of it? What did you do? My twins have been doing this from the start.

Twins' Mum, VIC, E & A born 4/04

Yeah my daughter (also 14mths) is the same.. I break bits of banana etc up infront of her, sit it on her highchair tray and she shoves all of it in her mouth.. then she cant chew/swallow/breathe so I have to just watch the amount I put infront of her *sigh* She's the same with biscuits too.. I bought her breadsticks and she even puts them in sideways!!

Mel, Mummy to Krysta 07-04-04 and Chloe 10-11-06

Sign in to follow this topic