Huggies Forum

Huggies® Ultimate
Nappy Pants

Learn More

What type of Bread Lock Rss

Just wondering what type of Bread you give your Toddlers, whether it be white, wholemeal or multigrain???????

Jx

Jilly, Qld, Mum to Amy 14/12/05 & Rebecca 20/7/07

I've always given my kids multigrain, right from the start, and I try and get one without presevatives. Now my 3 year old has to have gluten free bread, but I still give her multigrain.
I've always given Charlie multigrain/wholegrain bread with no preservatives. There is a preservative in some breads (282) that have been linked to learning and behavioural problems.

Sounds anal but I always look out for that!

Charlie girl 15/01/06 & Dean the Machine 22/08/09

I have always used multigrain mostly and sometimes wholemeal since they could eat solids at 6 months. my eldest who is in grade 1 doesn't know any different and some mothers are amazed when they see that he willingly eats it.

i use to give my boy white bread than i gave him multi grain or wholemeal n everyone was telling me thats its not good for little kids n u have to give them white bread..
multi grain or at least whole meal. He loves white bread for a change so buy that sometimes too, but reckon multi grain is most nutritional. I disagree that little ones should just have white, it has hardly any nutritional value (unless you splash out on fancy loaves - they have a bit sometimes)

My daughter gas tried all three different bread and I found she loves the wholemeal and white bread.

Tracey,Jaye (girl)12/06/05, Sam (boy)10/07/09

We only have wholemeal at home, but we do have whitebread if we are out and no other alternative! Also have fruitloaf for toast and a change!! Seems to work well, except then she decides she no longer eats sandwiches......
We only get multigrain as thats all the kids will eat.
Multi grain here as well, for all the kids, from the first slice they have. If my hubby buys white bread the kids think its Christmas..lol.
Always wholemeal and now she has more teeth we are having multigrain as well. I always look for the preservatives too and only buy breads with the no added preservatives!!

My oldest only eats multigrain or wholemeal, and on rare occaissions rye. I refuse to give her white.

Shan - Halia 22/12/05 - Lylah 15/01/07

Sign in to follow this topic