Huggies Forum

Huggies® Ultimate
Nappy Pants

Learn More
The Huggies Forum is closed for new replies and topics, you can still read older topics.

how much milk? Lock Rss

MY LITTLE BOY IS NEARLY 17 MONTHS OLD AND HE SEEMS TO BE GOING OFF HIS MILK LATELY.I HAVE CHANGED HIS MILK FROM INFASOY FORMULA TO SOY LONG LIFE MILK AS HE HAS ECZEMA AND IS ALLERGIC TO COWS MILK. HE WILL ONLY HAVE ABOUT 80MLS IN THE MORNING AND THATS IT. HE WOULD HAVE MILK ABOUT 3 TIMES A DAY BEFORE. HE DOES HAVE CHEESE AND YOGURT. HOW MUCH MILK IS ENOUGH FOR HIS AGE.LOVE TO HEAR YOUR ADVICE.

HAPPY PARENTING.

angela,vic,3years old toddler

Hi,
I believe it's quite common for them to go through stages where they won't have milk, my 3.5yr old went off it about a year ago and still won't drink it but I add a little milo (just enough to change the taste) and she happily drinks that. If they're getting enough calcium from other sources they're fine. If he's also having cheese & yoghurt, maybe trying one milk a day with a little milo or similar. I know ppl worry about sugar etc, but my kids get very little in the way of sugary/junk food so I don't think a small milo a day hurts if they're cleaning their teeth every day.
By the way, I have NEVER been a milk drinker, can't stand it to this day. But I eat cheese, yoghurt and occasionally a flavoured milkshake and my bones & teeth are fine!
I'm sure you'll get loads of advice on this topic as it's not an uncommon problem.

Dizie, 2 girls, 2002 & 2003

my MCHN said 3 serves a day is what they need which equates to about 600mls (i think) if your sn is having yogurt and cheese i wouldn't worry too much but maybe try fresh milk rather than the long life? I am a huge milk drinker and I wouldn't touch longlife with a barge pole - maybe your boy is fussy like me tongue

Steph

Steph VIC Mummy to one gorgeous boy

Sign in to follow this topic