Huggies Forum

Switch to Nappy-Pants

for toilet training!

Learn more

CURIOUS Lock Rss

Hello everyone,

I was curious to see how many mums/dads still give there 2+ year olds a bottle + how many a day?

Tahlia only has the one - when she goes to bed. I want to stop it but Hubby says not to take it away from her.

It is not a huge issue but I would love to know what some of you are doing.

Cheers, Angelique

My 2 Angels, Vanessa 10 & Tahlia 2

My boys are 23 months and still getting a bed time bottle! It will be phased out before Christmas....maybe...see what happens!!

Danielle

DS was still having a night bottle until about 2. Then he had gastro and obviously I didn't want him to have it. He still went to bed and settled okay, so I figured it was as good a time as any to stop.

I figure if it is not causing a problem, then there is no point in pushing it. Getting rid of the dummy is my next thing. Not sure when I will deal with it. DS only has it in bed, so I'm not too worried.

Our DS is 28 months and still has his night bottle although is starting not to drink it all so I would say it will be gone soon. I will let him give it up fully of his own accord as he has done with his other bottles.

From what I can remember Jeb (now 22months) stop drinking from a bottle altogether around 14-16 months. It was my choice to do it but he never protested about it either. He still has a drink of milk before bed (at least 15-30mins before he goes down though)but it's from a sipper cup and it's just cold cow's milk (will warm it a little during winter) then brush the teeth and off to bed.

Kel, WA Jebediah 18/7/05, Balendin 10/10/07

My 2yr old son still has a bottle of cold cows milk at night, I am happy for him to have it as long as he wants to as he is not a big eater and will not drink much milk during the day (He has a sip cup with milk for breakfast and lunch but only drinks about 1/4) The way I see it is that he is getting some more dairy into him and he is having a bit of quite time before bed as well.
I am happy...

rebecca

hey i've been wondering about the same thing my 2 yr old gets 2-3 a day, breaky maybe before his nap and at bed time.
i mainly do this so his milk doesn't end up all over him and everything else.

but he does drink out of cups and his sports bottle for the main part of the day.

Hello everyone,

Thank you all so much for your responses. Since I wrote this post, I got a job working in a child-care centre.

I was talking to a few of the staff on my break at how Tahlia still wakes up 2-3 times a night. They asked me what my routine was etc (one bottle before she goes to bed and then usually another one when she wakes up at about 2.00 ish just so I could get some sleep. waking up to a child 2-3 times a night and then working a 38 hours shift is very draining and I had 2 occasions where I was close in a car accident so decided to just give her a bottle and within 10 min, she'll be a sleep & so will I!!! I know it was not the best thing to do but I had to for safety reasons.

Anyway, all 3 off them said to take all bottles away from her. So we did! The first night, she cried for 1.5 hours, second night 40 min and now the 3rd only 15 min! Also, the second night she slept for 10 hours straight (she's never done that from the time she was born)wonder how long she'll sleep tonight?

If it was not for these ladies, I would have comitnued giving her a bottle until she was at an age where I could explain it to her why we ware taking it away.

Each child is so very different. I thank you for your responses.

Take care, Angelique xxx

Hi Angelique,

Firstly I love your name.. I'm pregnant with my 2nd and that's on my list of names....

My son is 28months and he doesn't ask for Milk I just give it to him. I give him 1 in the morning when he wakes, sometimes an afternoon one to help him go down for his nap and a night one.. The day ones are prob not even 200ml. I don't see anything wrong with it. he's not a big eater at all so Calcium I guess from milk..

My Niece is 3 and still asks for milk. I have friends who's kids are 2-3.5 and they still give them bottle.

Good Luck.
Poppy
Jonathan 28months and Expecting 14th Sept.
Hey Poppy,

Thanks for the compliment! It's French. Mum had six kids and named all of us kids names from a different country. She was reading the very famous Angelique books and decided to call me that, she went through a russian year with my sister so she got called "Natasha" etc etc

Not sure if you did read it or not but I wrote a post a little while ago to say that we had decided to take the bottle away from Tahlia as she was waking up 2-3 times a night. With me wroking a full time job, I can't be getting up to her 2-3 times a night. Anyway, it went really well and she now sleeps 10-11 hours straight.

Cheers,

Angelique

Sign in to follow this topic