Huggies Forum

Switch to Nappy-Pants

for toilet training!

Learn more

How many bottles? Rss

How many bottles of cows milk does a one year old need? I give him 3 bottles of formula now, he is 11 months on the 13th of jan.

michelle, mum of jackson 13-02-03

Hi!
Don't know if this helps but when my son was around the 12 months he used to drink at least 3 260ml bottles per day! I am not sure on how much they need to drink, sorry I'm no help there! He is now 3yo and still has at least 2 260ml cups per day!

Mum(29) - DS 7yr, DD 4yr & DD 2yr

Hi Mishka,

I answered your question at the formula post, then spotted this post. My 13 month old daughter has 2x 200ml bottles of milk a day now. One first thing in the morning and one last thing at night before bed.

During the day she also drinks diluted juice and water from a cup, plus has a tub of yoghurt every day and a cheese stick.

I also add S26 Toddler to the cow's milk for iron, calcium and minerals.

Hope this helps you.

Michelle smile
If have been told that a 12 month old needs 600mls of milk a day including dairy. ie. If you give cheese, yoghurt, custard etc. with meals, they need less than 600mls in the bottles.
Hope this helps,
Broni.

Lucy's Mum

I think I heard something the same as Broni .... it's like three serves of calcium a day (that is if ur looking at it from the calcium point of view) I'm sure milk has lots of other nutrients in it as well, but as far as calcium goes, I'm pretty sure its three serves a day.

Jubs_n_Tia, 24, NSW, boy 06/11/99 + girl 15/05/02

Thank-you to everyone who answered my post.
Im quite happy to cut his afternoon bottle and introduce afternoon tea instead. One of the bottles I will be using toddler s26 for a while, and I am happy with his calcium intake with all the yoghurt and custard and cheese he likes to eat everyday.
Thanx again!

Happy to have been able to help smile smile smile
hi mishka!! I only just joined this site so sorry for the delay, but your question grabbed my attention as my daughter is nearly one (born same day as Jackson 13-2-03) and is currently having 4 200ml bottles of formula a day but has started to leave about 60ml every feed. I thought i should probably cut one bottle out but my clinic nurse had told me not to as Laine is about 9.3 kg and she wants her to put on a bit of weight. She is really happy and content and eats three meals and snacks a day as well as 200ml of water. Do you think i should cut down to 3 bottles?? i dont know when you are suppose to wean them off and how quickly you should do it??

qld 2yo daughter

Hello Lainesmummy,
Thanx for your post. Wow we must have been in labour at the same time! Jackson was born at 1:12 pm. When was Laine born?
I havent cut his bottle down to 2 just yet because he went through a fussy eating phase. And he just adores his bottle. At 9-12 months they are ment to have aprx 700 mls. At 1 they are ment to have 600mls a day ( 3 cups)
This info is from the heinz healthy eating guide.
on the menu it has breakfast- 1/2 cup milk with cereal, toast and extra 1/2 cup milk.
mid morning- snack and 1/2 cup milk.
lunch- sandwich fruit and yoghurt and 1/2 cup of milk.
mid afternoon- juice and snack.
dinner- meal and fruit.
before sleep 1/2 cup of milk.

Im happy with his 3 bottles a day of 200mls.
Also Jackson is a little under weight aswell.
What do you think of this eating plan?

My 13.5 month old boy still has 3 bottles of cows milk a day. He eats three solid meals as well as morning and afternoon tea. He also drinks a reasonable amount of juice and water too. I don't think having 3 bottles still at this age will do them any harm. I am a complete believer in your baby letting you know when they are ready to reduce their milk intake. Good luck!!!
My 12 1/2 mth old has only 1 bottle (180mls) at night during the day she has milk from a cup, about 120 mls twice a day. She has lots of growth problems and her dietitian told me that it's not important how much they have, if they won't take enough then they generally don't need it and if they're having more than about 500-600mls per day then they're not eating enough food. I don't fret about what she eats now, three meals and two snacks, and she doen't grizzle etc. for a bottle

Mum to Maya Grace 02-03, Sienna & Mercedes 10-06

Sign in to follow this topic