Huggies Forum

Huggies® Ultimate
Nappy Pants

Learn More
The Huggies Forum is closed for new replies and topics, you can still read older topics.
  1. home
  2. Baby Forum
  3. Toddler
  4. Feeding your Toddler
  5. Having Trouble in getting 15month to eat

Having Trouble in getting 15month to eat Lock Rss

Hi there to all the mums and dads

I am wondering if anyone has any ideas on how to get my 15month to eat.

I prepare up vegs and meat and he just wont eat. No matter what food I put infront of him but he just wont eat.

I have bought a few books now with ideas and none seam to be working. He has now gotten to the stage that he wants to feed himself and wont let me feed at all. Which is making it extremely hard at meal times..

I would love to get this sorted out as we have just found out that we are expecting our 2nd child and would love to get it all sorted so I am not stressing over it when bubby is born..

If any one has any ideas on how or what I can do diffrent I would really appreciate it heaps. Oh and he refuses to drink from a cup too......

I am at a loss in what to do please help...

Thanks for listening

Tanya

Tan,QLD,Connor 2, Mackayla 2wks old

If he wants to feed himself you should let him - give him stuff that he can do it himself... My 14mo is the same...though sometimes if it is something I have to use a spoon for (ie too messy for little hands - like rice) I give him bits he can pick up himself (like the meat) and in between I put a spoonfull (rice) into his mouth.
But generally, veges in pieces, peas, corn, sliced celery etc, sausages, sliced meat, meatballs, pasta without sauce - my boy will eat all these things with his hands.... (but not if i try and spoon them in!)
My DS has also previously refused all my attempts to get him to drink from a cup, but has recently started drinking his water from a cup with a straw...cheap from woolies!
I also get my DS to feed me - which he thinks is extremely funny, and then i put a piece in his mouth, we take turns! At least he gets some!
Good luck!

Suz, NSW

Sign in to follow this topic