for toilet training!

Learn more
  1. home
  2. Baby Forum
  3. Toddler
  4. Caring for your Toddler
  5. finding an easyer way to cope

finding an easyer way to cope Lock Rss

i'm almost 22 weeks and i al so have a son that will b 3 in dec i find it really stress full to look after him i love him with all my heart but i cant help but get stressed out with him any idea how to stay clam 4 the baby

Rebbecca mother of 1 and due on 17 jan

Hi, I don't know if there is an easy way to cope with a toddler and being pregnant. My daughter is 14 months and I'm 24 weeks pregnant and I find myself in the same situation. I think you just have to try and remind yourself why you have had your kids or why you are having them. It's not just because it's the done thing to do, you are doing it because you want to be a mummy and have all those wonderful experiences with them and watch them blossom into little people. My daughter drives me up the walls sometimes and I do go off my rocker at her sometimes, but I just try to calm down and go and give her a kiss and a cuddle and play a game with her. The minute she starts laughing or gives me a nice big hug it reminds me why I wanted to be a parent. You are always gonna have shocking days where you want to throw them out on the street but I think you just have to keep the bigger picture in mind. No one ever said having kids was easy.

Emeilia 24.06.04, Holly 13.12.05 #3 due 21.11.07

brock now goes to skool 1 day a week but he dont really like it he crys when i leave him so i'm still not happy but my mum tells me he will get use to it but how can u walk away with out crying because there crying

Rebbecca mother of 1 and due on 17 jan

I've found the best way to deal with a child and being prego (or having a new baby) is take some time out of your day and devote it solely to the older child. Whether it is cuddles on the couch infront of the TV, reading a book, or craft activities, or a walk in the garden. But make him the centre of attention. My daughter only needs 1/2 and hour, but maybe start with an hour and see how it goes. I find if I do this she is more content to play by herself, or help me with things, and she is far better behaved for the day. If I don't do this she pushes my buttons and I end up being frustrated and exhausted by the end of the day.
Also, while prego, if your son still has afternoon naps (if not, make him sit on his bed with some books and have quiet time), make sure you lie down and read a magazine or a book. Take time out for yourself. Forget the housework.
Hope this helps...goodluck!

Bindi, WA, mum of two

Sign in to follow this topic