Huggies Forum

Huggies® Ultimate
Nappy Pants

Learn More
The Huggies Forum is closed for new replies and topics, you can still read older topics.

Head Lice Lock Rss

My 2yr old daughter has lice for the first time and now I have also got it for the first time. I have been using the Nads Natural Head Lice Solution, but I am still finding that I can't get all the eggs out when I comb her hair and then the next day some have hatched. Any suggestions on a quick and easy way of getting rid of it???
I used a foam type aersol (Sorry can't remember the name - tall white can), which I found very good. They spread like wild fire, so treat the whole family (just in case) and also very important repeat the whole process again around 7 days later. It takes a baby louse 7 days to become an adult.

I'm starting to itch now! They're frightful aren't they? Also ... remember it is a complete myth that head lice are associated with poor hygiene or dirty households. I think we can be our own worse enemies when it comes to battling head lice. Ironically, I was the only one in our family who picked them up ... Go figure!!

Some of the more unusual remedies I have heard of, but never tried include:
- Washing hair in mayonnaise, leave on for about 20 minutes (use a shower cap) and wash off with shampoo & then use nit comb. Also things like tea tree shampoo or vinegar rinses.

A girlfriend did give me a recipe for a massage type oil, but I never used it as I wasn't sure about sensitivies. It was 3 drops each of Burgomot, Gernaium and Lavender oil to approx. 25 ml of carrier oil (say almond oil for eg.). Massage in inot dry hair/ shower cap then shampoo off normally/ nit comb etc. She said it worked better if left on overnight.

I also believe that a light spray of hair spray can act as a preventative measure/ deterrant once the lice have gone.

See how you go ! Good luck !

Sue, DS b. Mar 2004

Sign in to follow this topic