Be comfortable in your skin – this is a judgement free zone. Find out more!

Huggies Forum

Switch to Nappy-Pants

for toilet training!

Learn more
  1. home
  2. Baby Forum
  3. Toddler
  4. Caring for your Toddler
  5. I'm such a horrable mum for saying these words!

I'm such a horrable mum for saying these words! Rss

Just a couple of minites ago I got ever angery with my daughter when she was being naughty. I put her in her room while she was scying and scream (a temtrum), slamed the door and yelled at the top of my lungs shut the f* up! I just can't belive I said that! I admit I've been getting stressed lately but this just takes the icing! Have any of u said things out of anger? I feel like the worst mum in the world!

Emma 31/7/03, Daniel 11/1/06

You're not the worst mum in the world! A bad mum wouldn't have had the smarts and the control to put their child in their room if she was getting angry with them. That's probably the best thing you could have done... it would have given you a bit of time to calm down with out having her in your face. It would be so exhausting looking after your daughter as well as having one one the way. So don't be so hard on your self! Yes okay it probably wasn't the nicest thing you could have said... But we all say things in the heat of the moment that we regret... but i applaud you for having the self control to seperate your self from the situation... Are you able to get your daughter looked after at all so you can have a bit of a break? Cause you must be SO tired!

DS 21/8/04 DD 18/9/06

Don't very think that you a bad mum we have all been there at some time in life, you are doing all that you can for your child. As for the stressed you have been feeling latety you need some you time each day have a hot bath or some thing that you like to do. My son is 15mth old and he like to try ever day but i think about the day i give birth to him and how he made me feel when i seen him for the 1st time.
Sign in to follow this topic