Huggies Forum

Huggies® Ultimate
Nappy Pants

Learn More
The Huggies Forum is closed for new replies and topics, you can still read older topics.
  1. home
  2. Baby Forum
  3. Toddler
  4. Caring for your Toddler
  5. Where there is life - there is hope.

Where there is life - there is hope. Lock Rss

Why do we feel like hypocondriacs when we know something is wrong with our child and no one else can see it? And even if they do see - you're made to feel inadequate.

As a Mum we know our child intimately, we know when they have crocodile tears or tired or if coming down with something.

In the past 14 months of my baby's life she has had apnoea, VSD (hole in the heart), multiple colds and flus (highest temp to date 40.2 degrees), Tonsilitis, Gastroentiritis, Seizures (non-febrile and febrile) and now also seems to be coming down with food allergies. And when you go to the doctors I feel like I'm wasting their valuable time right up until they give me the bill.

WHO DID I KILL IN A FORMER LIFE?? This is the only thing I can think of to account for my daughter having to suffer. I know that this statement is very selfish - but my daughter is young, beautiful and innocent and should not be made to have bad things happen.

We have just spent 5 days in hospital due to the latest seizures and the fact that she had tempretures bouncing up and down between 40 degrees and 34.5 degrees (I was told this is why they get febrile seizures - not because of the high temp but because of the sudden drops). She has now been placed on Epilim as she has had several non-febrile seizures.

On her second night out of hospital her face goes all red and raised white bumps (looks like a mass of mozie bites) so off we go to the doctors surgery. I know that if it happens again I will be straight back down there. What really got me was the receptionist could see Natasha's face and said "Oh hello, back again". I just wanted to scream that I was having a slow evening and was just there for fun.

Now I have vented my frustration at the world in general I ask your forgiveness, I'm sure there are a lot more Mum's out there suffering worse fates than me at the moment. I think of how lucky I am to have such a beautiful daughter and I know that we will get over this hurdle. You know what they say "Where there's life - there is hope". Maybe I'll have another bay and call her Hope.

Mother to 2 + 1 soon

Hi Mandy

Gosh, you certainly have had a lot going on with your daughter. Please feel free to vent your frustrations - we all have them at some time or another. It must be difficult to see your daughter constantly going through illnesses and pain - it's not fair, is it? Keep your chin up and hopefully as she gets older her immune system will be so well protected she'll cruise through many happy years without severe illness. Thinking of you.

Kind Regards
Alison

Alison, Vic, Abby 2.5 yrs, Poppy 5 mths

Sign in to follow this topic