Huggies Forum

Huggies® Ultimate
Nappy Pants

Learn More
The Huggies Forum is closed for new replies and topics, you can still read older topics.

chicken pox vaccine Lock Rss

Just a quick request to anyone who has vaccinated their child with the new vaccine.

How did it go? Any red, lump or temp?

Robynne-69 DH-61 DS1-94 DD1-96 DS2-99 DS3&DD2-04

I believe we got the new vaccine (8 week one). Only one little red lump the size of a pea (not sure which needle it was from tho). No temp but I was a little naughty and gave her panadol before the needle (they don't recommend that anymore tongue ).
Hi there,

I got my little boy done in October. He is 2 and a half so i had to pay for it but it is worth it i think.

He had no issues what so ever. Not at mark or a lump or a temp anything at any time. I was expecting it to come the 7 days after but nothing at all.

He is also very good with needles which helped. I had been telling him for a few days before what was going to happen "it will hurt a bit but stop you getting sick" kind of stuff and he sat there and watched the nurse put it in then when she was done he got up and goes "thanks, see you later!". He's a classic that boy of mine.

My little cousin got chicken pox down her throat and all on the inside of her lungs which restricted her oxygen. they had to put her in an induced coma and she may have brain damage now.

A lot of kids don't get it bad at all but sometimes it can be really nasty and i didn't want to take the risk with my boy.

Hope that helps anyway.

Rachael, NSW, Boy 13/04/03

my boys had it (not sure if it was "new" ) the 1st had his at 10 months the other2 at 12 mo no problems but my middle son still got a mild dose of it the doc said u can get it up to 3 times but not as bad as un-immunised people

mum of 3 boys aged 11, 13 and 14

Sign in to follow this topic