Huggies Forum

Huggies® Ultimate
Nappy Pants

Learn More
The Huggies Forum is closed for new replies and topics, you can still read older topics.
  1. home
  2. Baby Forum
  3. Toddler
  4. Caring for your Toddler
  5. my 2 year old hates the swimming pool!

my 2 year old hates the swimming pool! Lock Rss

My 2 and a bit year old boy hates the swimming pool. He cracks it when I take him in the water. Swimming lessons are a nightmare and we have booked in again for next term. We are hoping that perseverence will pay off.
Sometimes he doesnt mind it, but he is very take it or leave it about the whole pool and splashing about fun thing that kids usually have in the water. He would rather run around the pool and wander around or go through my handbag! He was a late walker, and has only just started to go on a slippery dip by himself, so Im wondering if his fear factor is a bit higher than other toddlers? Anyone else had the same problem?

JZ mum to Bradley 17/08/03 and Heidi 25/02/06

Hi JZ

I'm definitely not an expert. In fact, my twins (20 months) have only been in the pool once, and that was last week!

I was just wondering if your son takes baths in the big bath tub? Mine have been for a few months now. But DS still screamed and wanted to get out of the pool. But I just held him tightly against me, and patted him and said this is just like taking a bath. After a couple of minutes, he calmed down. After his initial fear, he actually had a ball.

Twins' Mum, VIC, E & A born 4/04

Sign in to follow this topic